2

"Hey, F/N."

"What? You've been harassing me for the past few hours. Get out of my sight if you want to ask me for other suicide methods again." Turning her back, the investigator picked up her typing pace, ignoring the suicidal maniac completely. Pouting, he stood up and went to the opposite table, sitting down and kept his eyes on her figure.

"You are itching to get killed by Kunikida-san, aren't you?" Taking another stack of documents, she flipped through and read, while warning Dazai.

"Well, I want to see his annoyed face. It makes my day~ And I want a suicide, not getting killed by a man~" A soft giggle followed afterwards, sending you to despair.

She had no idea why she was paired with Dazai, an ex-mafia member. Was it a test put by the Director Fukuzawa Yukichi? Or was it to test how strong was she? She had no idea.

Putting all her attention in her work, her inner mind made a decision to have a drink or something after work. She was too busy for the past few weeks, and never got time to properly sit down and relax. Well, fights and wars were unavoidable in this agency, so it was common to see the female investigator waking up in the wee hours and fighting at the front lines till daybreak.

After a brief moment of silence, Dazai spoke.

"F/N, I am going to your house after you finish your work."

That announcement took her away from work instantly, looking deep into his light brown orbs.

"Why do you want to go to my house? I've got nothing to spare for your great suicide, Dazai." She rebutted, after typing in her last sentence for the report.

"You aren't resting well, F/N. I'll keep you caged up until I determine that you are fit to be back into the agency."

"What?"

She was certainly taken off guard.

How did he know that she wasn't resting well?

And that exact same question was presented to Dazai. Giving a small laugh, he pointed his face.

"Your pale face. Skipping meals all the time, eating dinner at three in the morning, sleeping pills found in your drawer. Don't tell me that your body is able to hang on with all those things you insomniac?" Dazai said, giving an expression that he had just solved one of the most difficult cases that even Ranpo couldn't.

She kept mum; her hand placed at the drawer with reflex.

Getting all her problems pointed out so clearly wasn't a pleasant thing to hear.

"You... knew everything?" Admitting defeat, she asked.

She never expected him to know herself so clearly.

They were just partners at work.

"Of course, how could I not know about my partner's physical condition? Now, now. Let's pack up and leave. I am so tired~"

Closing her laptop, the curly-haired man grinned, while waiting for her to get all her stuff. Once she was done, both of them left for her house. They did not talk about work at all, but they cracked jokes all the way till the duo reached home.

She swore that her partner can be a caring person instead of someone who complains when he fails to kill himself sometimes.