3: Yikes

I rushed off the chair watching as he groaned in pain while holding his ankle.

"Oh my god! Baby what happened?" I asked kneeling to the ground trying not to get my $600 pants dirty.

"Erggg" he groaned.

"You can't be here at the moment," security pushed me off. I watched as some lady walked onto the court to tend to his needs. She looked like a hoe, I don't want her anywhere near my man!

*YOU*

"Klay you have to let go of your ankle," I spoke calmly. He let go and I examined his ankle. I checked for swelling and redness then told security to help bring him to my office.

"Is he going to be okay?" Assistant Coach Steve Nash asked.

"Looks sprained but I'll have to take a closer look to check severity," I said, but He sighed shaking his head. "I'll update you as soon as I know."

*******

"OWWWWW!" Klay yelled out.

"If you'd stop moving it won't hurt as much," I frowned trying to apply the medication.

"Sorry," Klay mumbled.

I wrapped the ace wrap around his ankle, making sure to secure it. I got a pair of crutches and placed them beside him. "You can head back to the bench and watch if you want, or stay in here. You gotta be on crutches for 3 days and make sure to ice and rest so you can get back on the court sooner."

"I'm not walking out there with these," Klay complained eyeing the crutches.

I stared at him blankly, "then you staying in here." I said writing in my player injury record book.

Klay sat quietly then got up without the crutches causing him to come crashing down.

I ran over to the bed and helped him sit back down, "What exactly were you trying to do?"

"I'm not using those," he groaned sitting back down.

I shook my head at how much of a whiner he was, but I realized that he probably didn't want the media thinking he was seriously injured.

"Alright c'mon," I said helping him up. He stood up, mainly on his right leg. I wrapped my arm around his waist and began walking slowly. He awkwardly placed his arm around my shoulder for support.

After walking for nearly five minutes we made it to the arena where i sat him on the bench. The third quarter just began and we were up by 5.

"Thank you," Klay mumbled putting on his warm up shirt.

I nodded grabbing an ice pack and plastic wrap. I gently elevated his leg on the seat next to him, placing the ice pack and wrapping it with the plastic.

"He'll be okay right?" One of the assistant coaches asked.

"Yeah, he should be back within a day or two.. But he might have to sit next game depending on how it heels up,"

"Great," he answered sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes, mumbling to myself, "rude ass". Then I heard Klay chuckling, I turned to look at him.

"He's always like that. Don't worry," he smiled. This nigga was actually kinda cute, I thought looking at his smile.

"Nah, he actin like it's our fault that you hurt. If anything he should be happy I'll have you ballin before the end of the week," I frowned.

"Ummm excuse me who are you?" A girl approached the bench.

"Who the fu-" I began.

"Not now Hannah," sighed, running his hand across his face.

"No I wanna know!" She began yelling, getting the crowds attention.

I realized that she was Klays girlfriend and chuckled to myself realizing that she was either intimidated or jealous. "Don't needa yell, Im Golden States new athletic trainer."

"Oh," she said looking stupid. "You better be."

"M'am you can't be he-" security came pulling her arm.

"I KNOW!!" She frowned pulling her arm back and going back to wherever she came from.

I placed the tape into my backpack shaking my head.

"I'm sorry about her," Klay sighed looking at me.

"It's fine," I laughed awkwardly.

*KLAY*

The game ended 104-86, with my team taking the W. You helped me walk back to the locker room since I refused to use the wheelchair or crutches.

"Oh YEAHHH KLAY!!" Draymond said ruffling my hair as we walked. I looked up rolling my eyes. "What? You did well tonight." He smirked.

I knew he wasn't talking about the game. But I let it slide. Curry stood next to me smiling hard as fuck and winked continuously.

"Okay I get it," I laughed at how annoying they were.

We soon made it to the locker room door where you handed me crutches since she couldn't enter the locker room.

"Ice and rest your ankle all night. Put heat when you go to sleep. Don't walk around unless you really need to. Come to my office first thing before heading to the stadium,"

"Thanks," I smiled taking the crutches.

*****

"I don't want you near her!!" Hannah yelled.

"What sense does that make?" I said pointing at my ankle.

"Figure it out, but I don't want you guys together. I see how you look and act around her,"

I furrowed my eyebrows... How tf does she know? I know Steph and Dray didn't say anything... At least I hope they didn't....

Tumblr: xgoldenvibesx.tumblr.com
Twitter: __ashhhh