7: Hurt(Pt.2)

After much discussing, Klay's dad said that it's better if I bring him home, he would head over to his house the next morning. I packed Klay's duffel bag along with my purse and backpack. By the time everything was packed and ready to go the game was over, and Golden State had won.

"Where are your car keys?" I asked shaking Klay who had fallen asleep.

"You don't have to drive me home, I can drive myself..."Klay mumbled slowly opening his eyes.

I rolled my eyes, "No you can't, just give me the keys. I already told your dad I would."

"I just said that so he could get off my back," Klay said getting up, and almost tumbling over.

"Yeah okay," I said sarcastically. "I'm taking you home, just tell me where they are."

"Left pocket," He sighed holding his head.

I opened the duffel bag taking out his keys. Then slowly helped him out my office. I turned off the light and locked the door.

"Aye man you good," Steph said looking at Klay. Klay didn't respond, he just stared at Steph blankly.

"He might have a concussion, I'm taking him home,"

"Damn bro," Steph sighed shaking his head. "Lemme help you with that."

He took the bags from my arm, and walked with me to Klay's car. I thanked him, helping Klay get in the front seat. I adjusted his seat, which took a long ass time considering the fact that Klay was 6'7.

"Address?" I said starting the car. I looked over seeing him sound asleep. "Wake your ass up," I said gently shaking him. He wasn't supposed to sleep for at least four hours since the injury. He looked lost for a second, then gave me his address. The ride was not too long, but that's only because I drove like a semi-maniac.

His house was HUGE. I got him out the car, along with the bags. Then walked up the driveway and to his front door.

"Ruff ruff," His dog came running into the living room. Lowkey scared the fuck out of me, but after he sniffed me, he just followed us to the couch. Klay plopped down on the couch, looking comatose. I took my phone out opening the uber app, when I saw him jolt up and run over to the bathroom, where I heard him throw up.

I sighed locking my phone, realizing that I might not be going home for a while. I tied my hair up in a ponytail, heading to the kitchen and getting a bottle up of water. I walked into the bathroom, to see him sitting on the floor with his head over the toilet.

"Here drink this," I said once it seemed like he was done throwing up. He took the bottle and the medication. He threw his head back, swallowing it all down.

"Thanks," he mumbled. I thought he'd say something smart, but at this point he looked so weak. I helped him up, asking where his room was so I could lay him down. He lead me to it, and that shit ws huge. I put him down on his bed, then cut off the lights.

"You can't fall asleep," I said closing the curtains.

"What am I supposed to do in the dark,"

"I don't know but you can't sleep-"

"Stay with me..." He mumbled patting the bed.

I stood there for a few minutes, contemplating. It was already 1 in the morning. "I can't I have to go home."

He didn't respond. I opened his bedroom door, going out to the living room, grabbing my jacket and bag heading from the front door. But I stopped and stood there.

I sighed placing my bag and jacket back on the seat and went back to his bedroom. I sat on the side of his bed hearing his quiet little snores.

"Wake up," i said tapping his shoulder.

"Ughh I thought you lef-," he threw up again then groaned, sitting up and wiping his mouth.

"I was going to, but-"

"You can't stay away from me..." I could hear the chuckle in his voice, as he reached for his phone.

"If that makes you feel better than sure," I replied sarcastically taking his phone away. "You have to stay in the dark."

"Right," he said slumping back into his bed.

"You feelin better?"

"Yeah somewhat, my ear ringing a little bit though,"

"It should go away-"

"Why you so far?" He interrupted.

I looked at the distance between us not thinking i was that far. He scooted over, indicating he wanted me to sit where he was laying. I removed my sneakers sitting in the bed. He moved his head from the pillow to my thigh, I ran my fingers through his hair looking down at him.

"You could've left you know," he said after a while.

"Yeah, but I'd feel bad if something happened... And you keep throwing up," I shrugged still playing with his hair.

He nodded, then sat up removing his jersey. I couldn't help but to look, even though I couldn't really see anything. He tossed his shirt laying back down in his previous position. Can't even lie Klay was good looking af.

As the night progressed we stayed up, talking about our interests and hobbies. Turns out we had a lot more in common than just basketball.

"How you not like Cookie Dough ice cream?" Klay said sounding offended.

"It's gross. Cookie Dough it's self is good," I replied sleepily.

"Nope, I think you needa try it again," he chuckled sleepily as well.

Four hours been passed, it was now like 7 in the morning. We were both so caught up in the conversation that we remained wide awake. Around 7:30 ish we both began dosing off. Falling asleep with my head on his shoulder.

******
Twitter: __ashhhh
Tumblr: xgoldenvibesx.tumblr.com