Chapter Four: The Mountain

Crack! A lightning bolt ripped the sky in half and struck a tree, just a few yards away from Alexandra, who was working on making a torch from the remains of a burned skeleton they found on the path up.

"Gaah!" Screamed Alexandra, finally done with her torch.

"You could have been killed!" Jacob yelled at her.

"You think!?" she replied, dusting the ashes from the tree off of herself.

They walked up the mountain and found a cave to use as shelter. Though, when they walked in, they were greeted by skeletal dragon who, strangely enough, could breathe a bright green flame and not catch itself on fire.

"Uh-oh."

Alexandra swung her machete at the skeletal beast's leg, and the bone crumbled.

"Yes!" Screamed Alexandra, stomping on the powdered bone on the ground. She swung at it's neck. It blasted her with a sickly green flame. Alexandra flew through the air and slammed against the cave wall. She was out cold.

"Why you little... RAAAAAH!!!!!" Jacob roared, swinging his newly forged sword at the dragon's head.

The dragon blasted him.

As the blast was hitting him, the voice in his head got him to pull up his sword into a defensive position. Sure enough, his sword parted the flames. He ran up to the dragon, sliced it's head off, and the dragon crumbled to dust.

He looked at where the head had been, and there was a pile of glowing, purple, metallic dust. He shoved it into his empty pocket, and took to caring for Alexandra's wounds.