Chapter Eight: Trapped!

Alexandra and Jacob were walking down the green brick hallway, when a loud Wham! stopped them dead in their tracks.

"Um, Alexandra?" Jacob muttered, frightened.

"What!? If you're wanting to know what that was, it was just a..."

A glowing wall of flaming metal had blocked out their escape.

"Loose... brick..."

After about two hours of waiting for their newfound heroes to come back, the villagers were starting to get worried.

"Where are they?" came a strangled whimper from the blacksmith.

"Well Ivel, I truly don't know. But I do know that they are alive. I can sense it..." stated Kardji, trailing off at the end.

"Kardji!" yelled Nosciaj, the elite guard of the village.

"What is it!?" Kardji replied to the man in the watchtower.

"In the distance! An unknown caravan approaches!"

There was a massive whisper from the crowd.

"Do they carry a flag of truce, Nosciaj!?"

"No, sir! They carry a dragon-bone scepter and a golden axe! The signs of war!"

Alexandra had searched the whole lit area of the tunnel, and found nothing.

"Well?"

Alexandra shook her head gloomily.

They both let out a depressed sigh.

"What do we do now?"

"I don't kno-" started Jacob; cut off by a loud Bang! followed by some strange hissing in the dark.

Jacob stared into the seemingly endless darkness, and saw something like nothing he had ever seen before...