Chapter Fourteen: The Deadly Visitor

Jacob looked down toward the street where the alley started at, and saw a strange metal wall blocking their path.

"Found the gateway, eh?" Came a voice from behind them.

Alexandra turned around and scowled. "Rahili..."

Jacob was puzzled. "Gateway? Rahili? What are you talking about?"

"I see you haven't told your little friend of the dream, eh?"

"Alexandra, what is that guy talking about? Wait a sec, isn't that the guy that we saw here a few days ago?"

"Why, Jacob, you are quite wrong. That wasn't a few days ago, that was just about, a thousand years ago..."

Jacob's jaw dropped. "So you mean... You liar!"

Jacob grabbed the closest thing to him, a stick, swung it at Rahili, and hit him square in the jaw.

"Enough of this nonsense." Rahili commanded. He pointed at Jacob, and dark tendrils shot up from the ground and tied around Jacob's entire body from the head down.

Alexandra turned to Rahili. "Let him go!"

"Give me the other ring..."

"What do you mean the 'other ring?' Jacob has one, and I have one!"

"Oh really?" Rahili taunted, "Not for long..."

Another tendril shot out of the ground, reached into the now-solidified black mass, and pulled out a shining gold ring.

"Give me yours..." commanded Rahili.

"Never!" Alexandra replied.

Rahili sighed, then grinned. "Then I guess I'll just have to take it..."

"Wha-" Alexandra was cut off by a black tendril whipping her back, and she blacked out.