Chapter Twelve: The Castle

Alexandra woke up in a cold, damp room with rubies and sapphires lining the walls. She noticed a door at the far side of the room, and ran toward it. She tried it, but it was locked. Fueled by rage, Alexandra kicked the door down with one swift arc of her leg. She ran down the hallway, and saw the banner.

It was bright green, with yellow stripes connecting the corners. The outer trim was a unsettling blood-red. She passed it by, and came to a trapdoor hanging slightly ajar. Building up her courage, she climbed down.

After exploring the strange corridors and shelves in the basement, she ran out the nearest door. She heard voices coming from a massive room, so she peeked through some ruffled curtains to find out what was going on. All Alexandra saw was some long tables and benches surrounding them. She walked toward the nearest one, and a statue of a tiger pounced on her.

"Aaaugh!" yelled Alexandra, swinging her machete in a wide arc.

The tiger's head fell off and rolled away.

"Well done..." came a voice. "Very good..."

"Who are you, and what do you want with me!?" yelled out Alexandra.

"Oh, I don't need you, I just want a favor from you..."

"Huh" Alexandra thought. "Maybe if I do what he wants, I'll be able to get out of here!"

"I need you to capture that idiot, Jacob..." Whispered the voice.

Alexandra let out a small gasp, then replied, "Jacob... Who? I don't know anyone named Jacob..."

"You insolent fool! You really think you can trick me!?" Exclaimed the voice as a amethyst-encrusted dagger flew past Alexandra's head. She looked behind her, and saw a group of assassins holding knifes in their belts. One of them fired a crossbow at her, and she ducked under the bolt and tackled him. After making sure he was out cold, she went on to the others. Kicking, dodging, and punching, she took them out one by one, until one was left; the leader.

"I underestimated you, Alexandra..."

He reached behind his head, took his mask off and Alexandra found herself face-to-face with the man she saw in the alley a few days before.

"You..." Alexandra snarled.

"Ah, you remember me, do you?" he nonchalantly asked. "How about my name?"

"Uh, um..." She replied, stumbling on her words. "T-tell me."

"I see... My unreachable soul's name... Rahili Boawin... Remember it..." He calmly stated, before disappearing into thin air, leaving nothing but Alexandra and two footprints in the dust where he had been standing.