Chapter Ten: The Ring

The two adventurers ran down the scarlet-lined passage, dodging spikes and hidden pit traps at every turn. They considered turning back many times, but they persevered. After one last trip wire and hidden spear launcher, they came to a stop at a massive golden door. Jacob and Alexandra gave each other one last grin, and they opened the doors...

"Fire!" yelled Nosciaj, pointing his poison dagger at the attackers.

The village's catapults flung blazing chunks of bridnstone; A highly explosive kind of rock recently discovered in the miztekastone mines.

There was a roar coming from the invaders, and all kinds of magic and projectiles flew at the mystical barriers of the town. The druid was standing on the wizard's tower, flinging potion duds and releasing poisonous gasses onto the town's foes. Suddenly, there was a sound like a sonic boom, and the shields burst.

The inside of the room was nothing like they had expected. It was filled with trees and other plants. Worried, the two stayed away from any shadows, just in case. They finally found a strange pedestal with two daggers stabbed into it. When they pulled out the daggers, a glowing ring fell out of the hilt of both. They put on the rings, and appeared on the village.