Chapter Five: Dreaming

Jacob had climbed up to the top of the mountain, entirely alone. When he looked behind him, he saw the dark shadowy figure from in the alley where they found the glowing orb. The man threw his cloak down, and it burst into a glowing scythe, stained with bright crimson blood. The figure swung his scythe, and Jacob woke up.

"Aaaaaah!" screamed Jacob, suddenly noticing he was still in the cave he fell asleep in.

"Hey! Get over here and look at this!"

Jacob ran over to where Alexandra was and saw some thing that almost stopped his heart.

The village was on fire.

There was blasts of green flame coming from...

"Oh no."

The skeletal dragon was leading an army of long-dead skeletons towards the town. The only thing protecting the villagers was the druid, who was somehow holding up a glowing blue shield of light around the village, vaporizing any one of the skeletons that tried to get in.

The dragon roared, and smashed the shield with a single blow from it's deadly flail-like tail. The skeletons attacked. the Druid swung his staff, blasting the invaders with white-hot flames. Ivel, The blacksmith, threw axes and knifes at the incoming enemy, and the other villagers found tools to use as weapons, such as hammers, pitchforks, and maybe the occasional bag of sand.

"We've got to go help!" exclaimed Jacob, looking around for Alexandra.

He looked down the side of the cliff, and she had jumped.

"Oh, that little..." Jacob jumped after her.