Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Two week s later

Two weeks passed and I heard nothing of Niall. At first Becky would tell me whenever he’d call her but then after a day or two that died down and so I assumed he stopped calling her. It was Monday and I just finished getting ready for school. All I had to do was eat my breakfast and wait for Nina and Becky to get here. I packed my school bag and made my way downstairs after I was sure there were no creases in my school uniform consisting of a white blouse, black pleated skirt, black tights and a fitted blazer. I wore black flats with those. As I reached the living room, placing my bag on the sofa, my phone vibrated in my hand. I looked at it to see Becky’s name flash back at me.

“What’s up, Becky?” I sang into the phone, in a good mood.

“Watch the celebrity news right now! Quick!” She screamed into the phone. I quickly responded to her by turning on the TV and turning to the news. I was so stunned that I nearly dropped the phone on the floor.

On the screen was a picture of Niall with me seated on something behind him, both faces unaware that a picture of us was being taken. A little of the bus shelter was in the shot so I assumed it was of the time I was waiting for the bus and he walked out of the car to talk to me.

“W-what? Ho ––” I couldn’t speak since I was too shocked. I read the headline which was above the photo that said ‘Who’s the mystery girl? Is Niall’s love life blooming?’

“When you said you met a guy called Niall I didn’t know it was Niall Horan from One direction. Why the hell didn’t you tell me?” I’d almost forgotten that she was on the phone. Her voice snapped me out of the stare I gave the TV. All too soon, the news changed to a different topic about Rizzle Kicks.

“I didn’t think you’d believe me.” I felt my legs turn to Jelly so I took a seat on the sofa. “I don’t understand how it got there. Who took the picture?”

“Oh you should’ve watched the news a little earlier, they were explaining everything a little. They said how yesterday this Brunette girl who met him on the streets two weeks ago, I think her name’s Hailey or something, put that picture up on her facebook and everyone started bad mouthing you because everyone thinks you and Niall are together. They’re all just crazy fans. Basically, everyone’s just jealous. Out of all the girls, he was seen talking to you out of his own will.” Becky explained the situation to which I could nothing but widen my eyes to.

“Do you think people at school would find out? I really don’t want anyone knowing.”

“Sorry, I think everyone knows already. A couple of people called up asking me earlier and I was waiting for an appropriate time to tell you.” Becky sighed with apology.

“Becky, just get here quickly please. I don’t want to go into school alone. I have a feeling today’s going to be a long day.”

Becky put the phone down after that and I found myself really panicking. I had too much going through my head and I hadn’t taken my pill yet. Mum and Dad had already left for work and my sister was still sleeping. I took my pill, ate some breakfast and fixed my make up just in time for Nina and Becky to get here. They settled in the living room.

“I can’t believe you! We’re your best friends and you keep a secret as big as thing from us,” Nina glared at me, her arms across her chest. Becky had a playful smirk on her face and I couldn’t help but think she was up to something.

“I didn’t think it was a big of a deal. I thought it was all a onetime thing. Now the media’s involved. Soon they’d find out where I live, my name, my school and everything. They won’t leave me alone,” I moaned at the both of them.

“I thought you didn’t like One Direction, especially because of Liam,” Nina said. “Plus I was at the concert and I didn’t see you.”

“I sneaked into the dressing rooms.”

“Oh my God! You’re too cool,” Becky spoke up, rewarding me with a high five.

“What? You sneaked into the dressing rooms?” Nina raised an eye brow, not believing me.

“Since when did I follow rules? I always do things that we’re not meant to. Oh guess what? I got Examples autograph.” I shrugged as though it was nothing.

“Okay, we’re walking and talking. Let’s not be late to school.” Nina dragged both Becky and I out of the house.