Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I told them the whole truth this time, adding the details about the questions asked when we played twenty questions. They squealed with excitement, the anger disappearing within a second. We got into school and went our separate ways to our form rooms, in the promise that we’d meet up during our free time, that happening to be two hours from then.

Four hours later – during lunch

“Will Anjalee and Becky please report to the principal’s office.” The principals voice boomed from the voice box screwed to the wall of the cafeteria. Throughout most of the day, a lot of girls came up to me, squealing with excitement and firing questions at me.

“Oh my god! What did we do now?” I sighed since we were at the food line about to pick our lunches. The principal’s calling meant we had to leave right away. I silently stomped on the spot. I really needed the food, I was starving.

“C’mon let’s go! Nina save us a table for when we’re back.” Becky pushed me out of the line and continued to drag me out of the cafeteria as I held back, making it harder for her. After a few minutes I relaxed and walked alongside her, our arms linked, since I was getting breathless.

“Why do you think he wants us?” Becky asked with a smile on her face.

“Why are you smiling Becky? Do you know something I don’t?” I frowned at her.

“Maybe.” We approached his office and knocked. When we were given permission we walked in and I stopped on my tracks to find, not only the Principal, but the members of One Direction seated in front of me. While the principal sat on a comfy office chair, the boys sat on the much harder grey chairs.

***

“What are you guys doing here?” I almost screamed as the door shut behind us.

“Anjalee Basu, that is no way to greet guests.” The principal told me off. The boys sat on their chairs, looking at me with awkward smiles. Niall waved at me enthusiastically, while the others gave me a nod of acknowledgement with Harry glaring at me.

“Sorry Sir.” I turned to the boys. “Welcome to our school.” I plastered on a fake, professional smile.

“You must remember Liam. During his time here he was a very close friend of yours,” the principal informed as though I had forgotten.

“Hey,” I smiled politely. Becky stood all giddy beside me, holding onto my arm with a death grip. She smiled cheerily at the five boys.

“Hi,” Liam answered. His deep voice melted my insides. I can’t believe he still had that affect on me, it’s not like I can trust him ever again.

“Okay, since it was Becky’s idea and the boys contacted me for permission, I think the two of you should take them to your last two classes and then the music studio. I’ll let the students know that there will be a performance by these boys after school so anyone can turn up, although we shouldn’t be expecting many since its very late notice.” The principal scratched his bald head and then placed both hands on his desk.

“But sir, we have different lessons,” Becky let him know. Her grip on my arm was tightening.

“Do you boys mind splitting up? Two of you go with one of them and three with the other if that’s okay?” He suggested, relaxing on his chair.

“That’s fine,” Zayn spoke up. He smiled and winked at the both of us.

“Take your pick guys.”

“Becky, I guess,” Harry spoke first. It was fine with me; I don’t want to spend two hours with a person I don’t like very much anyway.

“Yay,” she squealed. “And Louis?” She asked.