Chapter 14

Chapter 14 

I walked into the kitchen to find that the boys weren’t fully wrong. Zayn really was eating his way through the contents of the kitchen while Becky sat there offering him food.

“Vas Happenin.”  Zayn spoke through a full mouth and smiled when he saw me. Half the contents in his mouth fell out onto the plate when he smiled.

“Oh god!” I mumbled to myself. “Can I speak to Becky for a second?” Zayn nodded, taking his plate full of food with him and joined the boys in the living room.

Once he was out of earshot I took a seat around the table. “Becky, this was the worst idea ever. I can’t believe you made me stay!” I scolded at her.

“What happen now?” she huffed and rolled her eyes, frustrated at my attitude.

“It’s awkward with Liam and Niall here,” I whispered so the others in the living room couldn’t hear.

“Okay with Liam, no one’s asking you to marry the guy but at least be friendly. And Niall, look he’s fine after you rejected him. Just be nice.” She spoke so fast I couldn’t get a word in between until she finished. I felt myself heat up.

“Actually Niall kissed me then literally pushed me out of the bathroom so he could, like, get over it in the bathroom alone,” I continued to whisper, edging closer to her.

“No way!” she screeched, jumping up and down on her chair, and then stood up. She grabbed both my hands and pulled me out of my chair.

“Shh, be quite! I don’t know what to do now.” I was almost in tears. I have never been in a situation as complicated as this: where you like the guy you don’t trust, yet another guy’s kiss is all you can think about and how much you enjoyed it. She was dragging me back into the living room. “What are you doing?”

“One: you’re going to be nice to Liam and two: you’re telling Niall how you feel, whether you like him back or not!” She pulled me by one arm and we walked into the living room to find that the food that was on Zayn’s plate, were now either on the boys or the floor.

“Clean all that up now!” Becky’s sudden outburst caused the boys to jump as they didn’t notice us come into the room. I noticed that Niall was yet to grace us with his presence.

“O-okay,” Harry trembled and zoomed to pick up the food around him. The boys followed his pursuit and they all cleaned in a matter of minutes. As Becky and I watched the boys tidy with amusement Niall decided to join us. He avoided my gaze and I was fine with that.

“Niall,” Becky screeched, the sound almost deafening me so I slapped my hands over my ears.

“What are you doing?” I said through gritted teeth and I plucked up the courage to look at him. He smiled and walked over to us.

“Hey.” The simplest of his words caused me to melt. I had no idea a kiss was able to do that. I was sure that I liked him, yet when I glanced towards Liam I felt something there too, even though Liam wasn’t looking back at me.

“Anjalee wants to talk to you privately. I suggest you two go in the kitchen.” Becky pushed me into the kitchen and Niall followed. She closed the door behind him so that Niall and I were alone.  Niall and I silently stared at each other. I felt myself blush as he had that famous smile on. It appears that he never stops smiling. I like that about him. 

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have done that upstairs but I couldn’t help myself,” Niall began since there was no sign of me talking.

“Look, Niall, I think…” I trailed off when I lifted my gaze to look at him where his smile didn’t faultier. He gave me an expression of expectation.

“What’s up?” His Irish accent was strong here and I had the urge to smile.

“I think…I mean… I like…err, you. Yes, I like you.” I concentrated on the floor, where I refused to face him. I was more confident the second time I said it.

“Really?” I saw as he lifted his right foot and took a few steps forward until he was only a few centimetres away. He placed his index finger on my chin and lifted my head so I was staring into his sea blue eyes.

“Yes,” I whispered. I was incapable of speaking at a normal volume. He lowered his face, inching his way closer and placed his hands on my hips. He pulled me closer as I closed my eyes. Our lips touched and this time I moved along with his lips. As we parted, our breathing was uneven and heavy. He placed his forehead on mine and cupped my face. “That was amazing.”

“That was,” he smiled. He gave me a peck on the cheek before standing straight up. He stretched out his hand. “Hold my hand?” I held his hand and we walked towards the door leading into the living room. We opened the door and they all fell through the door since they were leaning against it.

Niall placed his other arm over my shoulder and I leaned into him. I was too happy to care that they were listening in.

“Guys, Anjalee and I are together,” Niall announced. There was a mixture of responses where Becky got onto her feet and grabbed me with excitement. She spun me around. I was able to see the expressions of the others, where Louis smiled and bowed at Niall before taking him around the living room like he was a fairy, Zayn didn’t seem bothered at all but rewarded Niall with a small smile, Harry wasn’t all too happy (I don’t think he likes me at all) and finally Liam’s raised an eye brow and his eyes saddened although he covered his upset with a smile and a pat on Niall’s back once Louis released him. Niall couldn’t stop laughing.