Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Niall pushed me into the bathroom and closed the door, so he was still in the room with the rest of the boys. I almost hit the toilet as the force he pushed me with almost meant I wouldn’t be able to stop myself. However, just before I hit the toilet I kicked off my left pump and curled my toes, digging my nail, into the carpet. This caused me to stop on my tracks.

Once I regained my normal stature from the shock of the forceful push I took the opportunity to look at the bathroom. The bathroom really stank. They really made a home of it even though they’d be gone by the end of the day. There was a small window just above the sink. I could just climb through that, I’d fit. As I had this thought, the door to the bathroom slightly opened and in walked Niall, through the tiny space of the gap.

“I told them I wanted to use the loo,” he whispered, taking a hold of my arm again.

“You really love touching me, don’t you? Sorry but I like my personal space,” I said, yanking my hand back, although I sounded sincere.

“Shh, quieten down. You don’t want them knowing you’re here. And I’m sorry for touching you,” he whispered twice as low. His accent really was amazing.

“Oh yeah, sorry and its okay. I didn’t mean to sound harsh.” I apologised, putting the seat down of the toilet and sitting on the grubby lid.

“You do not want to sit on that!” he pulled me back up, grabbing the same area on my right arm yet again. “Hey, there’s a window there. Wanna ditch for a bit?”

I laughed as I had the same thought minutes before. “Aren’t they expecting you back?”

“Yeah, but they can wait. The door is locked so when we’re done we’ll just climb back in through the window again,” he explained. “I usually take long in the loo anyway.”

“Eww.” I slapped his bicep playfully. “Well, sounds good to me. Should I go first or you?”

“Ladies first.” And he bowed like a gentleman does in the olden times.

“Thank you, oh good sir,” I played along, giggling an extensive amount.

“My pleasure, ma’lady.” He laughed and bowed once again. “Now get going!”

He pulled the window open with great force before sidestepping to allow me to pass. I placed my left leg in the sink, then both hands on the edge of the sink before lifting my weight, shifting it onto the right leg, where I poked my head through the window. I pushed my body right through, until I had to hold onto the window ledge to make it onto the ground safely. I pulled my left leg through the window until I was able to reach the ground with it and then urged my body forward, with my right leg being the last thing through.

“Okay, you’re turn now!” I said, as I brushed off dirt that gathered on my clothes through the friction of the window.

He climbed through the window as though it was nothing. He lifted up the hood of his Jacket, covering half his face. “Where to?”

“Why did you just do that?” I raised an eyebrow.

“I don’t want anyone to recognise me, especially the media,” he replied.

“Guess we should go somewhere private, so no one sees you.” I saw a devious smile grow across his face so I had to add the rest to the sentence.

“Guess so. I think I know where.” He stretched out his hand. I looked at it before I held it. He walked really fast where I was straggling behind.

The wind took over that evening, where there was no sign of the heat from the sun. As Niall pulled me towards our destination I cursed at the fact I didn’t prepare for the cold weather where I wore a short sleeved top, causing goose bumps to form on my arm.

“We’re here!” he stopped in front of a small gate.

“A public park? Really? That’s your private place?” I rolled my eyes.

“You’d be surprised, rarely anyone comes here and I doubt anyone would recognise me here anyway.” I pushed the gate open and we headed towards an empty bench beside a pond. “You’re freezing.

I sat on the bench and then he sat next to me, rather close and placed his arm over my shoulder, pulling me into him. I didn’t mind much since he was warming me up.

“Okay, what now?” he asked, whispering into my head as he laid his chin on top of my head.

“Let’s play twenty questions,” I squealed excitedly, clapping my hands.

“What’s that?” He mumbled into my hair.

“We each take turn in asking ten questions each. There are no rules to the game, ask anything.”

“And the person has to answer the questions?” He had a tone of questioning mixed with amusement.

“Yeah and has to be answered honestly. Guess there is a rule,” I laughed at my own new finding.

“Okay, you start.”