Chapter 13

Chapter 13

“Thank you girls, you did a great job.” The principal thanked us as we all stood in front of him. He then addressed to the boys, “going now?”

“Yeah. Thank you for letting us come, I’m glad I was able to be here again,” Liam answered on behalf of the rest of them.

Becky and I just stood there, our arms linked until we were dismissed. As we walked through the hall towards the gates, the boys still following, Becky talked.

“Guys, wanna come back to mine? No one’s home and it’ll be fun!” she almost begged.

“Do you have carrots?” Louis asked.

“Stacks.”

As we approached the gates we noticed there was a crowd just outside the school. The closer we got the more my heart began to thump louder as I realised they were reporters. Becky gasped and the boys swore under their breath as they reached the same conclusion.

“Okay let’s go. Our car’s here, so we’ll take that,” Louis sang, holding his nose to change his voice. “That way we’ll be able to get away from them.”

“I’m gonna have to go, but I’ll see you tomorrow, Becky,” I replied too soon. I couldn’t handle any more time with a glaring Harry as well as Niall’s and Liam’s attitude.

“No! C’mon Anji, please.” She batted her eyelashes and I looked at the boys. They all seemed emotionless.

We exited the school premises only to be attacked by these reporters, firing questions at us. I noticed there were a few excited school mates around us talking to the media. The boys protected Becky and I as they pushed passed them. There was no way i'd be able to get home alone. 

“Fine, but you owe me.” The same black car I had seen before stopped in front of us.  We all climbed in and Becky gave her address to the driver. The driver made a few diversions in order to loose the media who had decided to follow us to Becky’s house

Fifteen minutes later we were at hers, although it should’ve been a five minute journey. The boys thanked the driver and told him they’d call when they’re ready to leave. We headed into her house and the boys made themselves comfortable in her living room, where Louis took the whole sofa as he lied down on it, Harry relaxed on the chair next to the sofa, Niall practically sat on top of Louis and they were beginning to fight using the cushions on the sofa. Zayn, however, followed Becky into the kitchen and Liam picked up the TV remote.

“Becky, I’m going upstairs to use the bathroom,” I shouted for Becky to hear. I took my phone out of my bag and then placed the bag on the coffee table. I made my way up the stairs which was to the side of the living room. Just as I pushed the door of the bathroom, my phone vibrated. It was Nina. Great timing. “Hey.”

“Oh my God, you wouldn’t guess what,” she whispered into the phone.

“Great timing by the way and why are you whispering?” I locked the door of the bathroom behind me and took a seat on the toilet.   

“Because Dylan’s here!” she continued to whisper but let out a little squeal.

“Don’t tell me he’s in your room or something. Are you two, like, together or something now?” I laughed at my own suggestion. Dylan rarely spends time at other people’s houses so my suggestion was ridiculous.

“Sort of; he’s in my bathroom and I’m in my room. You know, how you can hear everything from the bathroom. That’s why I’m whispering,” she explained.

“That is so unfair. Dyl has only been to my house, like, three times over the many years. How are you able to get him to yours just like that? You rarely spend time with him as well.” I pouted even though she wouldn’t be able to see me. I stomped a little for effect and she responded with a laugh.

“Okay well, I was ranting on the way home and I kinda told him I liked him by accident. Oh Anjalee, he’s just too gorgeous and sweet and then ––” I interrupted her with a shriek.

“Wait, don’t tell me you asked him out and he said yes? Oh my God, that is the cutest. Who would’ve thought Dyl liked you.” I found myself shouting through the phone, a smile on my face. I didn’t allow her to get a word in.

“Actually not exactly and Anjalee, be quiet! He might hear you. What happen was I told him I liked him and he was proper shocked. And then I panicked and asked him out. I said, ‘we should go out.’ He didn’t say anything for a long while and I could feel my cheeks going red. Finally, he said, ‘I’ll give us a go.’ So basically we’re going out to the cinemas this Saturday and if things go well, then we’re together. Oh my God, I have to thank you so much!” There was a knock on the bathroom door.

“Anjalee, are you Okay? Why are you shouting in there?” It was Niall, his Irish accent sounded distorted through the door.

“Yeah, I’m fine. I’ll be out in a second.” I put the phone back onto my ear.

“Who’s that?” Nina asked, waiting for my response patiently.

“Niall. Becky invited the boys over and they said yes.” I rolled my eyes as Nina chuckled through the phone. “I have to go now. He’s knocking on the door again.”

“Okay cool, keep me updated,” she laughed and put her phone down.

I sighed and turned to the mirror, where I fixed my hair and then sighed again. I was ready to face the music. I turned and unlocked the door, unaware that Niall was standing right in front of the door. I jumped when I looked up to see his smiling face. He blocked my path and I froze in front of him. We stared at each other for a moment until I noticed that he was leaning in. I was concentrating on the feeling inside my stomach so I didn't move out of the way. His right hand lifted to touch my left cheek and he leaned further in. The moment seemed to go on forever. I was out of control, where even though I didn’t want anything to happen, I was shutting my eyes just as our lips touched. The kiss only lasted a few seconds, yet I felt so much in it. My insides were full of butterflies and my cheeks were burning. Once we parted, Niall literally pulled me out of the way and ran into the bathroom, locking himself in.

Still in shock I made my way down the stairs. I really enjoyed the kiss and I had almost forgotten about Liam. The thought of forgetting him, reminded me about him. How ironic? I walked into the living room to find the contents of my bag on the table, while my bag was on Liam’s hand.

“What the hell are you guys doing?” I snapped, snatching my bag from Liam’s grasp and stuffing everything, including my phone, back into it. My face was red with anger.

“What are those pills for?” Louis asked as I placed them into the bag. He was smiling, while the others had looks of guilt, as though it was alright to go into my bag.

“Anjalee is bi-polar,” Liam answered quietly. I glared at him since they didn’t need to know.

“Answer me! Why are you going through my bag?” my voice raised even higher.

“Liam liked your bag so much that he wanted it. He was going to give your stuff back but take the bag to a party we’re attending tomorrow.” Louis made up a story, which I even found myself laughing at.

“Seriously, what were you guys doing?” I laughed, the anger still fresh in my mind.

“We got bored and dared Liam to go through your bag,” Harry answered with a smirk. Liam gave me a look of guilt where he accompanied this with a shrug.

I placed the bag back on the table and placed my hands on my hips. “Don’t touch it again! Where’re Zayn and Becky?”

“Still in the kitchen. I think they’re eating their way through the contents of the kitchen.”