1: Wake Up

- DAAAN! - Mary yelled from the kitchen. - Breakfast's ready, come on!

Once she was done putting the plates on the counter she sighed and made her way to Dan's bedroom.

As expected, he was asleep. His face hidden under the covers, only his naturally messy hair out, spread along the pillow.

- Come on, Dan. - She tried to pull the blanket out of his face but he held it.

- Hmmnnn... only five more minutes, pleeeease. - He groaned.

- Oh Dan, the pancakes are getting cold.

He slipped down the blanket a bit, so he could stare at her.

- You said pancakes? - His eyebrows down, looking suspiciously at her.

- Yeah. - She smiled. - Come on. - She got up and opened the curtains.

The daylight entering the room made Dan hide his face again and moan.

- Come on, get up! - Mary said as she went back to the kitchen.

- I'm coming... - He slowly made his way out of bed.

***

Mary and Dan were on the kitchen, eating breakfast.

- Why'd you wake me up so early today, Mary? - Dan asked confused.

- You have to go meet that guy Chris. - He was still confused. - To set up things for your first gig...

- Oh, yes! Thank you, I completely forgot about it. If it wasn't for you...

- I know, you would do absolutely nothing with your life. - She smiled. He got up and hugged her.

Mary would still tremble at every cheek kiss, hug or even long looks at her from Dan. She have never loved someone more.

Dan would still hesitate every time he was about to hug or kiss Mary's cheek. He loved to stare at her, because she was beautiful and everything she does is, and I quote, ''perfect like her''. He have never loved someone more.

I should explain this.

Mary and Dan met when she was 8 and he was 10 years old. They quickly became good friends and studied together since then. They were neighbors, so they were always meeting for sleepovers and stuff like that. Dan's parents and Mary's parents were really close friends too, so it was a win-win situation. Then Mary's parents died in a car accident when she was 14 and the only friend she had was Dan. His parents adopted her, never imagining that their kids could fall in love for each other.

She started falling for him when she was 14 and he was 16; the next year she decided she would get over him, after all they were ''siblings'', and in her mind he would never ever fall for her. So she started dating a lot of guys. None of them were good enough; or funny, smart, interesting or... ''Dan'' enough. He fell for her right in that phase where she started dating and for a long time he questioned himself why her relationships never lasted more than a week and if he should ask her out. Dan didn't ask her out, because after all, she would never fall for him because he was not good enough and they were ''siblings''.

They finished high school and entered university. Both cursing Literature, they spent a lot of time together. She moved out her parents' house to a small apartment next to uni. You can now imagine that Dan felt lonely almost all the time, but she needed distance from him for some time. Maybe then she'd forget about him. Well, she didn't. And she also couldn't stand living away from him, so she asked him to move in with her. He didn't move in to the same apartment, but to the front one. They were now neighbors.

The years passed by and at the age of 24 Dan left uni. He was getting really into music and he wanted to form a band, he didn't want a solo career. So Mary decided she would help him: she had music classes two times a week and she've made a few friends over there. One of them was Chris, a cute and funny guy that played the drums. He was really good at it, so she presented him to Dan.

Last night she slept at his place because it was Friday and they made a Twin Peaks marathon. Before that, they ate pizza and had a deep talk about life and basically everything else. They slept together, cuddling, on Dan's bed.

And only last night both of them realized how much they really liked each other.