13: Come With Me

Mary and Dan were both sitting on the couch, facing each other. Dan was searching for words to start that conversation, but he couldn't find any. He knew he would hurt her; it was hurting him as well.

- So... - Mary started. Dan inhaled deeply and looked down at his hands before looking back into her beautiful green eyes. 

- I love you, Mary. I hope you know that. - She smiled sweetly and nodded. She was about to say she loved him too, when he began talking again. - But, as you know, I don't think this will work out.

- This? - She asked, looking like a lost puppy.

- Us, you know. You and I being a couple. My manager said it. - He couldn't look at her eyes anymore, so he stared at his hands. - I haven't been focused on work. I can't write songs anymore. I'm having trouble focusing as I play the keys. Especially when I'm away from you. I'm just always thinking about being with you, about how would it be if you were there with me and... and... 

- If we broke up, you'd stop thinking about it? - Mary asked. He looked up at her, his mouth slightly open. - You just said you loved me. If we broke up I don't think that would change. I mean, love doesn't disappear like that. We can break up but I will still be thinking of you, and you'll be thinking of me. - He didn't think about that. Stupid, stupid Daniel. She was right. - I think the only way we can solve this problem is you getting your shit together and stop thinking about me. - She sternly said, without even blinking. 

- No, it's not the only way we can solve it. - He said after a minute. 

- What do you mean?

- You can come with me. You can come on tour with us. I won't be thinking about being with you because you will be there already. - She though about it; she considered it, and she really wanted to go, but she just couldn't. It wasn't that simple. 

She had her job - her very important job to in which she fought a lot to be in the position she is now. 

- Dan, I can't. - Mary mumbled. - I have work and-

- I don't want to sound like a complete jackass, but you're with me now, I mean, you don't have to go to work-

- Daniel! I want to go to work! You know how much I wanted this, and now that I'm finally here I am not giving it up! 

- But Marylin, I mean, is this job more important than being with me? 

- My job has nothing to do with us being together, Dan! - She got up. - The problem is with you! How come I can focus on work and you can't? It's really not that easy, but I manage to do it!

- Well I guess this means I love you more than you love me. - Dan stood up as well. 

She took a step back, looking up at him.

- No, it doesn't. I love you as much-

- No, Mary, you're right. I'm the problem. I'm the idiot, clingy moron. 

- Dan, I never said that-

- But you mean it. Now get out, I have to finish some work. - He said, pointing at the door.

- But Dan-

- Out, Marylin. 

Without another word, she walked out of the room and straight into her own apartment. 

She was disappointed to know that the only time they lived a fully happy relationship was when he was away on tour.

---

im seriously trying not to feel guilty about posting chapters with only one page and less than 1000 words though I ABSOLUTELY HATE doing that, i feel like i am letting you guys down (??!?!!)

anyway, thank you for 100 votes and 2,700k reads! Also, THANKS THANKS THANKS for all the support throughout Weight of Living and for the reads and votes - I reached 1k votes, and that's absolutely insane! I'm sad it ended, but it was fun while it lasted, and maybe there'll be a sequel later on! You're the best xx