8: Stop Being An Idiot

Two guys yelling to each other woke Mary up. The sound came from the room beside hers. Dan's music room.

- BUT YOU LOVE HER, DANIEL! YOU SHOULD BE WITH HER! - Kyle shouted.

- I NEED TO FOCUS ON THE BAND, WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND? - Dan shouted back.

- This is ridiculous, Daniel. How could a relationship possibly affect the band so much? She is a nice girl and we all like her. What could go wrong? - Woody said.

- Besides that, you love her a lot and she loves you back. You have to stay together. She will support you no matter what. Why can't you see that? - Will explained.

- No, you are the ones that can't understand me. She will distract me... - And Dan started another speech about how a relationship would ruin his band project. 

Mary was dizzy, and her head was pounding. She checked the hour: 10am. She leaned against the wall.

- Stop screaming, please. - She said loud and grumpily enough so they could hear and actually stop. They did as she told them to.

- Does she sound like she's in love to you? - Dan asked, furiously, after a moment of silence.

- Daniel, you are an idiot. - Kyle said and sighed heavily.

Mary was confused and pissed off. Why were they screaming? That really wasn't necessary. And what was going on behind that wall? What were they talking about? 

She decided she'd figure it out later. She went to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

Mary stepped out the bathroom and put on some clothes. Denim oversized shorts, a white and pale pink Panic! At The Disco tank top and white all stars. She tied her hair up in a high ponytail.

She made herself a cup of ice tea. She was trying to recall everything that happened last night to explain to herself why did she had such a bad hangover when the doorbell rang. She walked over to the door and slowly opened it. 

- Mary, come with me please. - Woody dragged her to Dan's apartment. They walked in and Dan, Will and Kyle were standing there. Kyle and Will facing them, Dan looking down with arms crossed. He looked like he was blushing, but Mary couldn't see if it was really that as he was looking at his feet.

- Marylin, do you remember what happened last night? - Will asked.

- I was trying to remember when he dragged me here. - She pointed at Woody.

- Well, you and Dan finally kissed. You know, because you love each other. And then we left you guys alone on your apartment. What happened then? - Kyle said. Mary was shocked and her expression was blank; then she remembered it all and blushed. 

- I think we went to sleep. 

- Just that? - Kyle asked.

- Just that.

- I told you, idiot. - Dan said, still looking down.

- Shut up. - Kyle didn't look at Dan. - Do you want to be his girlfriend, Mary?

- I don't really think this is something you guys should get into. - She looked down and rubbed her temples. - This is between me and Dan...

- Don't you dare say that. If it wasn't for us you two wouldn't even know you like each other. - Will exclaimed.

- I still think you are just messing with me. I still don't think he likes me. - Mary looked up.

- OH, REALLY? - Kyle sassily asked. - And what about last night?