16: Tears of a Disappointed Uterus

The following weeks went by in a blink of an eye, even though it was as boring as it could possibly be. During the day, Mary and the other girls walked around town, buying stuff and chatting, and that was supposed to be fun, but it actually wasn't because she wanted to be with Dan, while he and the band were always rehearsing. He was no longer getting distracted by her or what could be happening to her, because he knew she was safe and sound in the company of Ava and Janna, and at some point during the day they'd see each other.

While Bastille performed, Mary worked on the sketches to send them to her boss. Every now and then the guys would go out to celebrate the success of another awesome gig and they called her, as well as the other two girls, but she was always so tired that she didn't go. All she wanted was some time alone with Dan, and she couldn't get that. She waited the whole night alone, curled up in a ball in the corner of the bed, and when Dan finally got to their room, he was drunk out of his mind, and would pass out almost immediately, so basically, she just helped him get to bed and then with the hangover the next morning, not being able to actually spend time together.

When they finally had some free time, they were in Seattle, and Mary wasn't feeling so well. She might have caught a cold after they had to walk two miles in the rain the day before, when they arrived in the airport and the van was broken.

- Hey, we're going to the park today! You're coming, right? The sun has actually come out. - Dan said as he tied up his converse sat in the corner of the bed, while Mary was curled up in a ball under the comfy duvet.

- I bon't know, - She said with stuffy nose. - I'm bot beeling so well. Also, the flood gates are open and we beed to go shoppibg. 

- I, uh... - He said, peering closely over at her, pulling down the duvet a bit. - What?

- I'b ill, Dan! - Mary said, annoyed. - Now get out of by face. - She put her hand on his face and pushed him away with a groan.

- Oh, I got that part. - He backed up a bit, narrowing his eyebrows. - I didn't understand the second part... - She looked at him. - Flood gates are open? What does that even mean?

- It's a shark week! - She answered, gesticulating. He raised his eyebrows. - The red flag is up... - No reaction. - The tears of a disappointed uterus are cobing. - He burst out laughing, suddenly understanding what she meant. And also because that was the name their parents gave to periods back when they lived together.

After five minutes, Dan was still laughing, and Mary couldn't help but smile too, after being frowning for the first four minutes. His smile was so adorable, and, unfortunately, infectious - you just couldn't get mad at him. It was something that neared the impossible, and it annoyed her more than you can imagine.

- Oh god, Mary, you're hilarious. - Dan said, wiping away some tears as he entered the bathroom.

- Yeah, I bow. - She blew her nose in a tissue and entered a fit of coughs, that soon turned to moans of pain.

- My god what's happening in there? - Will banged on their door. 

- IT SOUNDS LIKE A DYING WALRUS! - Kyle squealed. 

Mary groaned in annoyance and Dan laughed, opening the door to let them in. 

- I'b ill, don't talk to be. - She moaned, hiding under the duvet. 

- 'kay, we're going out now, we'd stay here with you, but you know, we gotta go, to film the webisode, rehearse for tomorrow's gig and shit. - Kyle said, patting her back. Or so he thought.

- Ge'offmahbum! - Mary half growled, half whined, and he laughed, not understanding what she said.

- What? - Kyle said, still caressing her ''back''.