20: The End

- YES! - Mary yelled, pulling Dan up from his knee to hug him before he even got the ring on her. - Yes, Dan, yes. Yes, yes, yes. Yes. I love you so much Dan, I love you so much. - She was crying like a little kid right now, and he wasn't much different. 

Dan held Mary tightly in his arms, squeezing her, trying to get them closer to each other, to never let go.

Woody, Chrissy, Will, Ava, Kyle and Janna applauded and whistled, cheering for them, for the real love of their best friends.

After all that after-proposal crying, hugging, kissing, and all the sentimental stuff, they decided it'd be better to go back home, because it was freezing.

But detail.

The gates from where they came in were locked. 

And the one opposite to them. 

And the other.

They screamed and kicked and shook the gates but it was too dark for them to be seen, and it was too loud in the paralel street for them to be heard. 

They had no sign on their phones, so they couldn't call anyone. They were locked inside the park, with six hours to kill in the dark cold night until they could get out.

Eventually they got to the bandstand near the Bayswater Road entrance, and sat on the nipping benches. But to be honest, they weren't caring too much. They were still elated, overjoyed about what had happened.

Dan and Mary were getting married, finally. They couldn't be happier. Even in the cold, dark night, with the biting wind freezing them to the bone, locked in the Hyde Park.

- Well, this is the most fun I've had since... ever. - Mary said, chuckling. They all laughed and agreed.

- I'm glad you're liking all this. I was seriously thinking you were going to say no- Dan said, but she cut him off.

- Shut up, Dan. - She kissed him softly. - You are the best. 

- You were made for each other. - Woody said, grinning. 

Mary and Dan smiled, holding tightly to each others hands, looking into each other's eyes in the dark night.

- Yes we did, didn't we? We have the best friendship in the world.

// the end //