7: Blankets

After Dan "dumped" Mary, she went home feeling helplessly sad. Her mood went from extremely-happy-enjoying-the-day-with-friends to the-guy-I-love-doesn't-love-me-back. 

She just slipped into her pajamas and crawled to bed. However after about 20 minutes the doorbell rang. She sighed and walked over to the door with a blanket around her. Depending on who it was she wouldn't answer. She looked through the peephole and guess who? Dan, Kyle, Woody and Will. She opened the door.

- Mary, you were looking so good about half an hour ago, what happened to your face? - Kyle asked.

- Shut up. - Mary took a step back letting them in. - Where were you and why did you come back?

- Umm... we just... - Dan started, but didn't really know how to explain it. He had to lie. - They were wrong, we actually finished the band thing yesterday.

***

*Back to Dan going after the guys* 

- Guys, hey! - He called as he approached them.

- Dammit, Daniel! - Will said. - Why didn't you stay there with her?

- What? - He was catching his breath.

- We lied to have an excuse to walk away and leave you lovebirds alone, but you are too dumb to realize that and you walked away! - Woody explained.

- You exchanged a beautiful girl for a few guys. Daniel, what are you? - Kyle sighed. Dan was offended.

- Why are you making so much effort in making me and Mary a couple? Don't you realize SHE DOESN'T LIKE ME BACK? - Dan said a bit louder than expected.

- SHE LIKES YOU BACK, DANIEL, WHY DON'T YOU LISTEN TO US? WE ALREADY TALKED TO HER. - Will yelled. 

- No you didn't. - Dan looked away. 

- Yes we did you dumbass. Now go after her and ask her out. - Kyle poked him. 

- I'm only asking her out when she leaves it perfectly clear that she likes me, alright? - Dan rubbed his temples as the guys sighed heavily. - Now let's go all back there. Didn't you miss her and wanted to spend time with her? 

- Yes, but you two becoming a couple is better than us bothering her. - Woody said, pessimistic as always. Almost as much as Dan. 

- Let's just go back there. Do you know how much she missed you guys? She likes you idiots a lot. - Dan said.

- She likes you twices more! - Will exclaimed. 

- LET'S JUST MAKE HER HAPPY AND GO TALK TO HER. - Dan shouted.

- We'll go back if you promise you'll ask her out sometime. - Kyle said. Dan was quiet for a moment, thinking. 

- But what if she says no? Things will become really awkward between us later. - Dan looked at his feet. 

- She won't say no, she loves you. - Woody said.

- Come on! - Kyle and Will squealed.

- Fine, whatever. - Dan sighed and the guys shouted in victory. The three excited guys walked happily over to Dan and Mary's building, but Dan walked looking at the ground, breathing heavily, a thousand thoughts saying he wasn't good enough and things insecurity brings to you running through his head.

***

*Back to the apartment*

- Were you in bed? - Woody asked. 

- Guess. - Mary mumbled. 

- Woah, why are you so grumpy now? - Will asked while getting a beer on the fridge. - You were so sweet half an hour ago...