10: It's a trap

It was Sherlock's turn to laugh. He's solved it. He was sure that he's got it right, well.... maybe with that small 0.1% doubt? What's this? The great Sherlock Holmes doubting? He shook away the awful thought, and resumed to his main thoughts. Sherlock knew where Moriarty and John were.

How did he know? Firstly, Moriarty hadn't give him a text, that was the obvious reason. Secondly, Sherlock was given a short timeframe, which meant he obviously wasn't supposed to go anywhere far. Thirdly, he had 3 minutes left now, so it's very obvious that Moriarty and John are very, very close.

Lastly, another point, Sherlock never saw them leave as he was facing another way and was deep in his sea of thougnts.

They are here somewhere. They never left.

The eyes of the clever man sweeped the room, and there. That small, small detail everyone would surely miss. The light switch. The only one in the garage.

The light was on, but why was the switch off? Sherlock walked over to it, and lightly pushed it down. Suddenly, a section of the floor started to open. Sherlock stared at it with awe, "Oh very smart..."

After it was fully opened, the man carefully descended the stairs underground. As soon as he was completely below, the trap door closed shut above him, and he was surrounded with pitch black.

It took awhile for the eyes of the detective to adjust to the sudden change of lighting, in the dark, he could work out that he was standing in a small corridor.

A meter or so ahead of him was a dusty wooden door, which he cautiously walks over to. He turns the dirty golden door knob and opens it, trying his best to not let the ancient door creak. The opening of the door let in bright light, which was very unexpected, as there had not been any light seeping through before. There must have been no cracks or anything that let light through into the dark corridor. Sherlock walked into the bright room and looked around. He was not alone.

--20 minutes before--

Moriarty dragged John over to a strange light switch, he pressed it down and the floor of the old garage opened. John tried to make some sound so as to indicate to Sherlock that they're not leaving the place. But he couldn't, since his mouth was sealed with strong duct tape and if he tried to do anything obvious, like trying to help Sherlock, he would die and as well as Sherlock.

This is Moriarty's game.  Moriarty had his gun pointing hard on John's neck as they walked down some steps, towards a big door and into a room.

"It's too easy for him, John. I need to make it more..difficult." 

John's heard started pumping hard, what ridiculous plan has Moriarty got now? Moriarty, from his pocket, pulled out two sets of strong handcuffs, and put it on John's hands and around his ankles. John was totally immobile. The next thing Moriarty did was drag him over to the back wall of the room, tapped three bricks and a inner cupboard appeared. John was violently shoved in. Before Moriarty closed the wall, he whispered to John, "I have a television installed in here, so you won't get bored!" he finished with his evil smirk, the walls closed and the army doctor was engulfed in darkness.

--20 minutes later--

The television in the dark cupboard suddenly turned on which was quite a big shock to John. Showing, was a clip of a tall man, with dark curly hair, long coat and blue scarf standing in the room Moriarty had bought John to before, Moriarty was sitting behind the desk, facing the wall (in which John was trapped in) away from Sherlock. 

John had only one thought in his mind, Oh dear god..

--Back to Sherlock--

Soft calming classical music was being played from a small radio in another corner of the room. In the center of the room was a desk and a chair, a man was sitting in the chair, back facing Sherlock.

But he knew who it was. It was none other than the consulting criminal, James Moriarty. Sherlock was about to say something but Moriarty was too quick.

"Hello, dear." the high pitched voice of Moriarty rang out.

"Where's John?" asked Sherlock.

"Oh somewhere!"

"Where."

"Somewhere."

"You're not going to tell me.."

Moriarty spun around.

"OF COURSE NOT! That's the game! It's hide and seek! DumBO!!"

Sherlock had no response to Moriarty. He looked around the room looking for any clues. It wasn't a very big room, and it was sure dirty. There were cobwebs in the corners of the room, the floor definitely needed a big clean. Dust covered the desk Moriarty was sitting behind.

"Oh stop looking around, it's so typical of you! John's not here!"

Sherlock looked at Moriarty, "What do you want?"

There was a maniacal laugh from Moriarty.

"Nothing."