1:A New Case

"Sherlock, " John spoke with embarrassment. As he and Sherlock walked down Baker street towards the supermarket not far away. Sherlock was dressed in nothing but a white sheet like their last visit to the Buckingham palace, for the Scandal in Belgravia case. "you do realise this is...humiliating. You can't just-- I mean its not normal to walk out in public..wearing nothing but a...*ahem* sheet. See? People are looking at you! Sher-SHERLOCK! Are you even listening to me?"

"I was thinking, sor-" answered Sherlock, there was a wee hint of annoyance in his tone.

"What?-ohh. You're thinking. Right, I'm just gonna waste my breath talking to you, well you do your thinking then. See you later, Sherlock." and those were the final words John said to Sherlock before quickening his pace and leaving Sherlock alone.

It took Sherlock more than a minute to realise John was not by his side anymore. Oh, John is pissed. Oh. He looked ahead, ignoring the 'wtf' looks strangers gave him, he saw John a few meters ahead, marching at quite a fast speed, but it didn't take long for Sherlock to catch up, since he had long legs.

"John I said I was thinking. Seriously, you never listen."

"I never listen? Wha-really? So you listen? Oh come on, Sherlock."

Sherlock was slightly taken aback from John's reply. "Well, uh. Sorry John."

This time, it was John's turn to be taken aback. "You? Sorry? Oh it's alright. Now can we please hurry on. I would be at the supermarket by now if you hadn't come!"

~~

Normally, it takes John 10 minutes to buy all the weekly groceries, but today Sherlock decided to come along. So the 10 minute extended to around an hour. Sherlock couldn't stop moaning and complaining about which products are better, which ones John should buy.

"Oh John, don't buy that brand of milk! Look, it says its imported! We want fresh milk. Milk from around here."

"John, I don't like the wheat bread, I prefer white."

"Don't buy that brand of coffee, it's expensive and not worth it. Get that one. Nestle."

"Look, Sherlock, could you please just let me do this? It would be way faster. Why did you come anyway?"

"I was bored."

~~

After what seemed like an age, they finally arrived back 221B Baker street. John carrying all the grocery, and Sherlock, well, still wrapped in his sheet. As soon as they got back, Sherlock flopped down on to the couch, and at that same moment, his phone rang. He picked it up from the table beside him, and looked at the caller. Lestrade. That means a new case. Finally.

"Who, what, where?" asked Sherlock, excitment ringing in his baritone voice.

"Murder near St Mary's High School, Gate 4. Female. It's quite..unique. You should-" Lestrade replied, but before he could finish, Sherlock cut him off and said,

"Coming." and the call ended there.

"Who was that? Lestrade?" asked John, from the kitchen.

"Yes! There's been a murder. Oh this is amazing! You coming?" replied Sherlock, who seemed over the moon. He hadn't had a case in two weeks.

"Uh, yeah. After I put the grocery away. You should put some proper clothes on, Sherlock. No one would go to a crime scene like tha-"

"RIGHT!" and Sherlock disappeared into his room in a flash.

so, do you all like it so far? I know this chapter is short..ish. But the rest is coming!

please like, comment, or share! :) thanks, Angela.