Chapter Thirteen: Surprise.

Chapter Thirteen: "Surprise."

"WHAT DID YOU DRESS up as last year?" Maddy asked me in the bathroom door. Sam was probably lying down on my bed, going through his social media and George was going to meet us there while we were waiting for Anmol to arrive.

"What do you think I dressed up as?"

"A soccer player."

"Which one?"

Maddy rolled her eyes. "Does it matter? It was pretty obvious you would dress up as that."

"Okay but I'm not going as that this year."

"Didn't you dress up as a soccer player for like ten years straight?" Sam yelled from the other side.

"No it was only in high school." I yelled back.

"That's not what Andrew said."

"You're going to believe Andrew over your girlfriend?" I asked him, poking my head through the door so he wouldn't see what I was wearing.

He looked over at me and raised an eyebrow. "Was it only high school?"

"Okay it was grade eight too."

"I figured." He mumbled, going back to his phone.

"Jerk."

"Remember that Hazel." He said before I closed the door.

I looked back at Maddy, what she was going as was completely ironic but I loved it. She was dressed up as Madeline from the show. She had the red wig on and the yellow coat and everything. She looked exactly a character from my childhood.

I stifled laughter as she was trying to fix the wig in the mirror and placed the hat on top. She rolled her eyes at me through the mirror. "Stop laughing."

"I'm not laughing." I tried to lie but ended up laughing anyway, stumbling out of the room.

"Whoa." Sam said as I turned around to face him.

I groaned and tried to pull down the damn skirt. This was one of the worst parts about being freakishly tall; skirts were hard to wear because the length could be so short. I could rant about this all day.

But here's the thing: I don't wear skirts.

I think this is the first time I have worn a skirt since I was a baby. I only knew that because there was a picture of me back home when I was three and I had been wearing a skirt. Other than that, I have absolutely no idea when I had ever worn a skirt.

Sam probably knew this too so when he was still staring at my legs after a long amount of time I couldn't help but snap my fingers in his face.

"Don't get so excited I'm wearing shorts underneath and I might wear tights."

"Please don't." Sam muttered under his breath as if I didn't hear him. I slapped his upside the head at his perverted comment and he laughed rubbing the back of his head.

"But doesn't she look great?" Maddy asked, her yellow hat finally on properly as she walked out of the bathroom and handed me my shield.

Okay so I may or may not have gone as a different soccer player for the past five years of my life but this year was different. It wasn't even that big of a deal. It was just a party but I decided to dress up as a superhero instead. I went as a female version of captain America, minus the mask but my hair was so wavy due to the tight braids Maddy had made me have on my head for about two hours before I was able to let my hair free.