Chapter Fourteen: Good Time.

Chapter Fourteen: "Good Time."

"WHY?" ANMOL AND I ASKED at the same time.

Sam crossed him arms. "You know what? That guy out there has been pissing me off nonstop every practice, every game because at every second- every chance he gets he ends up talking about you. Every chance he gets Anmol. He's asking about you because you're too shy to talk to him and I honestly think you should talk to him."

"B-"

"And I mean talk to him. Stand tall. Have an actual conversation between two adults." He urged even further and I raised my eyebrows because I knew just a little bit that Sam was playing matchmaker.

That's when I said wow in my head for the second time of this long night.

Anmol took a long deep breath. "You're going to talk to him aren't you?" I asked, putting my hands in the pockets.

"Alright, I'm going to find him and bring the man here." Sam huffed, taking off his leather jacket due to the heat rising in the house before I took it as he walked out.

I shrugged his jacket on as Anmol grumbled under her breath before looking concerned. "Hey, I kind of saw what happened over there. With that guy and the weed. You seemed really apprehensive when he offered it to Sam."

I sighed. "Yeah."

"I don't mean to say anything. I don't do drugs but... it's just weed. They also use it for medical stuff. It's not like it's heroin or cocaine."

I nodded quickly, waving my hands. "Honestly I get it. It's just weed and some people wouldn't be overreacting but it's different when it comes to Sam. He's done some things before and I don't want him to go from thinking 'oh it's just weed' to 'oh it's just LSD' or 'oh it's completely fine and safe to inject yourself with a needle filled with stimulants'.. He'll resort to a very bad place and I'm just looking out for him."

Before Anmol could open her mouth to say anything the door to the bathroom opened again. Sam shoved Derek through the door and closed it behind himself, sighing. Derek looked down at Anmol with a smile on his face. "Hey."

Anmol took a deep breath, "Hi." 

"Okay, I think we'll you two some space," Sam clapped his hands. "Meanwhile, Hazel and I will be outside."

"Hazel?" Derek questioned, looking confused in a way that made me want to laugh.

Sam and I made our way outside but I couldn't help but press my ear against the door, hoping awkward silence wasn't filling the air. It wasn't. Good. Their voices muffled on the other side. 

"I can't believe you just did that," I muttered as he slid against the wall and sat down on the floor opposite the bathroom door.

"So you and Derek?" I asked him, referring to not just what he did but what he said before we stepped foot of this building.

Sam narrowed his eyes at me, not really understanding what I was getting at. "What about Derek and I?"

"I meant that you're friends with him? Like to the point of friendship that when he's not even in the room you can call him a mate?" I had to say this with a smile on my face because Sam barely made friends outside of our group so to have him actually call someone his friend was an accomplishment.

"He's alright," Sam muttered, leaning his head back and glancing over at me. "What? Why are you smiling like that? I mean I love your smile and it's beautiful but you're smiling at me creepily right now."