Chapter five

CHAPTER FIVE

**************

        I brushed my fingers through my long brown hair while my other hand was on the wheel. I gazed straight on to the road wondering if going to school was the right thing to do now.

         Of course it is! Stop running away, coward. This is so not you.

            All I wanted to do besides making Kirk jealous was to say sorry to Beth as well. Wouldn't be that hard, right?

        I should have treated them more fairly. I should’ve not taken them for granted. They gave me more time and attention after all. They were one of my closest friends that I treasured the most.

        Beth was in sports club. She was persistent and very athletic. She never got mad like that before. I must’ve really hurt her.

      Mel, on the other hand, was on the singing club. She was a good singer, even though she got few acknowledgements from her team leader. I sometimes got mad at her for wearing too much pink.

              Pink headband, pink bracelets, pink skirts pink print tees, pink shoes and even pink bags. Pink had been her trademark color. It'd be a miracle if ever she'd wear another color besides pink.

         I grew closer to them as they have opposite attitudes. Especially if they’d fight! Here’s the fun part, they’re both A students so they usually argue about lots and lots of things that my little brain couldn’t even manage to understand. It gets random to the point they'd reach Pluto. Like no kidding.

        I usually didn’t butt in into their arguments because I might get in between and get my head chopped off. And I didn't want that.  

          It hurt me even more to see our situation like this. I sighed. I never should have brought them to this situation. I shook my head and slowed my car down.

       I parked my car with the others.

        Same as usual, a pair of tight jeans, mint Vans, a checkered polo wrapped into my waist and light green, cropped top for today's warm weather. Ironic, since it was raining so hard yesterday, and now the sun was striking deadly hot now. Hotter than me. Meh.

         I heard my phone rang and I immediately answered it.

      "Hello?" I stepped out of my car and locked it. I clipped my phone between my ear and shoulder whilst talking and at the same time checking for my bag.

       "Hey, Jo. Ellis here." Ellis' soft voice cracked into the other phone line.

      "Yeah. What's up?" I asked as I tried to understand the rigid sentences she was trying to make. I paused and waited for Ellis to answer.

      "Sorry about that. I was having a hard time here, I still have to go down and find a signal. As I was saying, wait for Andee there. Your agreement starts now remember?" 

      Of course! That was what my mind was all over.

        "Yeah! Thanks.” I said with honesty. I wiggled my nose and scratched my lower lip carefully.

         "You're welcome. What time will you be home then?" She hummed. I narrowed my eyes and sighed. I looked everywhere for a sign of Andee.

        This was a little unusual. Andee never got late. He usually got to school really early since he had to take loads of works on his student council shenanigans. Good thing I was not a part of that student council thing. I’d rather got shoot than be a part of the student council.