Chapter sixteen

Chapter sixteen

*****************

Andee Moran POV

     She hung up the phone and looked at me. I gave her a disapproving look but she just shrugged it off, telling me that she didn't want to talk about it. But as a friend, of course, I was pretty curious and as a guy, I was so jealous. Why the hell did that bastard wanted? 

     "What?" She walked casually passed me and on the front of the fridge. She pulled it open and leaned in to get some strawberries.

     "He just wanted to talk." She continued before putting a small chunk of the strawberry between her teeth. I glanced away.

     "Yeah. I heard that." I said, following her steps towards the kitchen.

      "And?" She asked.

    "And... you cannot trust that guy! In fact, our plan of getting your revenge will fall to nothing." I reasoned out. She bended down the table and started picking up few broken pieces of the ceramics.

     "Thanks for being concern and a good friend, Andee. But I got this." She smiled without actually facing me.

     I sighed and wiped my hands across my face and after a few moments, I told her. "Then you shouldn't have ask me to do something for you in the first place." 

     She stopped picking some broken ceramic plates, still not turning to face me.

     "Oh, come on, Andee. Really? Look." She gave a tired sigh before finally getting a good look at me. "I am fully aware of his intentions and I have no means of forsakening what we had started. Of course, until this shIt is done, everything else has to continue." She looked up at me and smiled. 

     "And you know what I had learned throughout my time with you, Andee?" She looked down at her hands. "Sometimes, in order to forgive, you have to let go of your anger first and start to listen. And once you finally achieve that state, you will learn that nothing is going to fool you anymore."

     I was taken a back for a moment and suddenly felt the instant rush of birds taking a single flight off of my chest. I wanted to grab her and hug her and kiss her and just tell her how much proud I was hearing her said that. How much had she grown in such a short time.

     I smiled and looked away, trying to block my blush from eating my whole face. "You just have to be careful." I said.  

     "So, what do you do now?" I asked, walking to the other side of the kitchen to grab her broom and dustpan.

     "I don't know." She didn't shrug. "But I know for sure that I can't just let him get to me once again. I had enough." And then she laughed. I stared at her.

     "Lady, you have to think of something!" I suggested, pushing her shoulders with my hips away from the floor. "Move." I muttered after and she glared at me before standing up and throwing the broken glasses to the trash bin carefully.

    "But I'm tired of planning, Andee. It's... Sometimes you have to let the shIt happen and do its own work. If things are meant to work and it'll be fine. You don't have to plan all things in life because some unexpected things happen during expected events."

     She sighed before continuing, "I'll be fine, Andee. It's not like he's gonna harm me. Right?" She forced a smile, trying to convince me. I just glowered at her but she averted her gaze and back at the broken plates.