Fix You- Let The Right One In

Damon finished boarding up the broken window in the living room of the boarding house as the rain outside pounded against the makeshift window.

"I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night," he suggested, clearly angry about the previous night.

At the moment, Elena and I were at the boarding house after Stefan called and told us that there was something he and Damon needed to talk to us about. Though Elena didn't want any form of contact with Damon and I was a bit wary of seeing him too, Stefan's tone was more than enough to tell us that whatever it was they had to tell us was far more important than Elena's anger at Damon.

And sure enough, it was. Apparently the tomb vampires were out and living together in a secluded house in the woods with Pearl and Anna. Though I was already aware Anna was still in town with her mother, I had no idea they were housing 25 other vampires with a very nasty grudge against this town and the Salvatores.

Two of said vampires had attacked Stefan and Damon the night before and while Stefan managed to kill one, the other had escaped but something told me that the death of his friend at Stefan's hands would only make his thirst for revenge even stronger.

"Yeah and then what? We turn to the rest of the house of vampires and say 'oops, sorry'?" Stefan retorted sounding annoyed by Damon's impulsive suggestion.

"Let me just make sure I understand this correctly," I started. "The tomb vampires...including the ones who attacked you two last night...are living with Pearl and Anna and you-" I pointed to Damon. "-made a deal with her?"

"I can't believe you did that," Elena said shaking her head.

"It was more like a helpful exchange of information," he shrugged casually. "No need for you to worry your pretty little heads off about it."

"That 'helpful exchange of information' can endanger the lives of everyone in this town," I pointed out worriedly. "I mean, telling them who's on vervain and who isn't? Not to mention the fact that these are the vampires who were locked up over a century ago by the founding families who still live in this town."

I sat on the sofa and sighed while Damon pressed his lips together.

"Alright I can see why you'd be worried," he admitted, toying with the hammer in his hand. "But I didn't exactly have a choice, cute stuff. Pearl's...scary. Besides, she's gonna help me get Elizabeth back."

"Of course she is," Elena scoffed.

While Elena was clearly disgusted and annoyed, I couldn't help feeling...sad. Even after all that Elizabeth put him through...watching him, knowing exactly where he was for over a century and knowing he loved her as much as he di- does, then breaking his heart by not caring...he still wanted her back?

I cleared my throat and put on a small smile when Stefan looked over at me with concern.

"Damon gets what he wants, as usual, no matter who he hurts in the process," Elena sarcastically sneered.

"You don't have to be snarky about it," Damon smirked.

"I woke up this morning to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb. I've earned snarky," Elena shot back.

I pressed my lips together and shot her a guilty glance. That's right, she woke up this morning and found out that all the vampires were released from the tomb. I didn't even get a chance to tell her about Anna being in the house the night before or about Jeremy's weird behavior before and after she left.

Speaking of, I didn't even get a chance to talk to him about it. I knew he was entitled to have secrets- I was keeping a few of them from him myself- but...I knew what Anna was and she had threatened his life before. I couldn't help but feel a bit...concerned about her hanging around him.