Chapter Thirteen

"Maybe next time lets stick to going to the Movies and the Arcade?"

"Aww c'mon guys it isn't that bad!"

"Easy to say when your foot wasn't hit by a size 12 ball. Why did you even take a size 12 ball? It's heavier than you!"

"Drew, your dad's on the way. Thank god it wasn't worse huh?"

"I'm sorry!"

"Lets stick to the Arcade from now on."

"Guys I'm headed home,Hospitals makes me feel all sorts of weird."

___________________________________

"I swear to god Olivia if you don't eat properly today, I will disable you" Ash said, looking at Olivia's barely filled plate of food.

"Hey, don't speak to my girlfriend that way" Mike immediately said. He loved calling her that. She loved being called that too. He then said, "She's going to eat today, right?"

"Yeah, don't worry about it Ash" Olivia said, and smiled.

"God forbid the day you two stop your PDA, how will we ever survive then?" Drew said sarcastically, and rolled his eyes. Ashleigh laughed and Olivia swatted his arm playfully. 

Today was the day of their bowling date. Olivia was excited, it was their first date as a couple. She had dated many people before but she never actually felt this way about anyone prior to Mike.

___________________

She sat in front of her mirror, applying makeup while Ash was sprawled across her bed, and Jared sat on her chair and watched Doctor Who on Netflix. 

"Do I look okay?" She asked them. She had that sensation of exhaustion once again, it had been there for the past few months but at that moment it was at its peak. But the adrenaline she got from the thought of this date was covering up for her tiredness.

"You look adorable, its rare to find a girl who can pull off converse and ripped jeans in such a cute way, its usually more bad ass than cute." Ash said and gushed.

Olivia was wearing a black top and light acid washed ripped jeans with black and white converses. She had light makeup on and had a grey cardigan over her top because she was feeling unusually cold. Her hair was up in a messy but styled half bun.

"You look great, just don't drop bowling balls on anyone's leg and you'll be golden" Jared said, getting a pillow thrown at his direction as response.

"I bet an entire Kobe's meal that you won't be getting a call to the emergency room today" Olivia said.

She was eleven when the big bowling incident had occurred. Following which, she developed the skill for the game pretty well in England, it was fun. She concentrated on the pins and would somehow manage to already get a spare.

Also, the complementary fries were the cherry on the cake.

She sat down by the bed, watching doctor who along with Jared while waiting for Mike to pick her up. They were watching an episode from season three, and Olivia loved David Tennant enough to rewatch it, even though she could probably recite the entire season by heart.

The doorbell rang and she immediately jumped in her seat. She was anxious, partly because of the date and partly because something wasn't feeling right. Something felt very odd.

She wasn't feeling well, it didn't feel health wise, it was more of an instinctive thing.

"Alrighty, try not to walk into walls like you did in the afternoon today" Jared said and laughed.

Olivia hugged them bye and walked downstairs. They were going to sleepover that night so she just let them be in her room watching doctor who and hogging her WiFi while she went out.

She opened the door and probably almost felt her heart stop beating.

"He looks amazing" she thought.

He was wearing a plain black shirt which had a grey pocket stitched on the left side of his chest, and blue jeans, his hair was left disheveled but still managed to look pretty perfect.

"Hey" 

"Hi"

"You look beautiful"

"You don't look too bad yourself there" she replied and winked.

He laughed and said, "Yes, that's why you spent two minutes at the door just checking me out and drooling , because I don't look too bad"

"I was NOT drooling." She replied. He snickered and said, "So you were checking me out then?"

"I seem to have the right to do so now" she replied and smiled.

They walked towards his car and strapped in. All the way to the alley they sang along to music, from bands like Panic! At the disco to singers like Sam Smith and Adele.

When they finally reached, Mike wasted no time in opening the door for her. He quickly got them bowling shoes and three games to play.

"So do you bowl often?" He asked her.

"I suck at it." She lied. She wanted to take him by surprise.

"It's okay, you'll get a hang of it by the second game" he said and he bowled.

The ball tilted towards the left, hitting four pins. He then bowling again and got two more.

Then she took the ball, and the concentrated at the pins and rolled it.

STRIKE!!

She turned around and smirked at his expression and said, "I don't actually suck at it"

They continued playing , and after two games they sat down to grab a bite to eat. He had ordered a burger and fries for himself and she got herself some white sauce pasta.

"Admit it, I'm better than you are" she said, but she didn't seem to be fine.

"You look a little tense, you okay?"

"Just a headache, I'll be fine. Also, I'm going to beat you at the third game and become official champion."

For her headaches weren't a big deal. They were extremely frequent. Migraines were a family inheritance after all.

"You won the first game by chance. I'll prove it to you in the last one" he replied.

"Uh huh" she said, flinching in pain and grabbing her water bottle.

He took his empty tray, disposed it and walked back to their alley booth and immediately froze.

"What? Is there something on my face?" She asked, trying to hide the pain she was in because of the headache.

"Why did this headache have to come today of all days? I was fine all week!" She wondered.

"Olivia" he said

"Mike, you look like you've seen a ghost, what's wrong?" And she smiled. 

It was then when she felt the warm liquid flow towards her mouth

"You're bleeding from your nose and ears. We need to go to the Emergency room NOW."