Too good to be true? - Chapter 4

I woke up in the morning with the worse sore throat imaginable, I couldn't even swallow without wincing. I guess that's what going to an amazing concert does to you. I groaned and rolled over to turn off my alarm, my clock reading 6:30am. The girls were sleeping on air-beds on my floor and were in various stages of waking up.

I flipped back my covers and hopped out of bed, grabbing my clothes and makeup bag before heading off to the bathroom before anyone had completely woken up yet. I changed into a plain black tshirt with the Superman logo printed onto it (not to brag but it was one of my designs) and a pair of dark navy 3/4 lengths. I laced my feet into my black converse and slowly looked into the bathroom mirror. I looked terrible. My face had erupted into spot city overnight and I had forgotten to remove my makeup so mascara was smudged beneath my eyes. Sighing, I quickly filled the sink and washed my face free of makeup before applying minimal amounts of concealer and foundation. Then I swept the mascara brush over my top lashes a couple of times before pulling my long black hair into a messy bun.

Barely satisfied with my appearance, I walked quietly back to my room and placed my pajamas underneath my pillow. Catrin was already awake and had been waiting for the bathroom so that she could get ready, Hannah was sitting up but in some sort of daze, and Sophie was still huddled inside her sleeping back. I crept over to Sophie, smiling evilly to myself.

"Sophieeee!" I whispered. She groaned and muttered something before rolling over so she faced away from me. Raising my eyebrows, I swiftly tugged down the zip of the sleeping bag which caused Sophie to fall out onto my bedroom floor.

"Good morning!" I said brighly, smiling gleefully down at her. Hannah chuckled at us before taking out her clothes for the day and Sophie just glared and me and flipped me off. How charming!

"Bathroom's free!" Catrin chimed as she walked back into my room. She was wearing a plum coloured vest with some distressed navy shorts and black vans.

"Yay, this girl needs her time to look pretty in the morning!" Hannah exclaimed before running into the bathroom. I stood in front of my floor-to-ceiling mirror and chose my earrings for the day. I had three piercings in the lobe of each ear as well as a tragus piercing in my right ear and my helix pierced in my left ear. I decided on my normal small silver hoop for my helix and a clear stud with a yellow smiley face on it for my tragus. I had a pair of black studs for my first lobe piercing in each ear and then plain silver studs for the other two lobe piercings.

"Damn girl, you've got a lot of ear piercings!" Catrin exclaimed, pushing a delicate sliver stud through her single lobe piercing in each ear.

"Just your standard teenage rebellion." I shrugged.

Sophie was finally awake and had sorted out her clothes just in time for Hannah to bound back into the room. She wore a white lace sleeveless top with a white strappy vest underneath and some highwaisted shorts whith the stars and stripes printed onto them. On her feet she wore her white hightops and her hair was pulled up into a high ponytail.

"How can one person look so pretty in the morning?" Catrin complained, and we all shook our heads, Sophie hurrying to the bathroom.

"Please tell me we're getting the shuttle bus? It's too hot to walk to college today." Hannah begged. We all go to Long Road Sixth Form College which is in Cambridge so we could walk there, but it's too much effort. Besides, the shuttle bus leaves from the bus station at 8am and the said bus station is only around the corner from my house.

"We're bussing it today girlies." I tell them.

Soon, we've all eaten breakfast and we're walking to the bus stop. Sophie's wearing a pale pink strappy top and white shorts with some gladiator sandals, and we all have our sunglasses on. Matt had told me that he's going to catch a lift to his school with one of his friends' parents, and to be honest I'm really worried about him. I assume he's going to school but now I'm at Sixth Form and he's still in Secondary School, I can't check up on him and make sure he's actually attending. I guess I'll just have to trust him.

"So Michael says he's going to call me tonight!" Hannah gushed, and immediately all the girls started freaking out. I couldn't help but sigh a little as we joined the queue for the shuttle bus. I'm not a crazy fangirl and okay I do really like 5SOS but at the end of the day, we're all just fans. Why would they settle for us when they can pick any other girl under the sun? I know that I'll never have a chance with Luke and I've accepted that because why would he ever go for me? I'm ugly, fat and boring. All my friends are bright and bubbly and happy, but I guess that's what you like when you have both parents. Maybe I was like that, but I can't remember.

"5SOS will be leaving Cambridge today." Sophie sighed.

"Yup, we'll never see those Aussie's again!" I said, trying to sounds upbeat and cheerful.

"Why are you so happy about it? Don't you like Luke?" Catrin asked.

"I'm not happy, I just don't see us ever having a chance with them. I mean look at them and then look at us. We're just two types of people that don't mix."

We all fell silent then and stared into space, distracted by our own thoughts. Mine were running away with a tall, gorgeous blonde boy who I couldn't possibly have, and that's when the bus came and I had to leave my personal life behind to try and learn stuff.

{FILLER! Sorry guys, not the best ending but yeah, I was bored and it's late so I wanted to make up for the past few days where I've been away! Sorry it's short and rubbish but it'll be better :) And excuse the typos becuse I haven't edited it yet! Night X}