The Parisite (+A/N)

The egg cracked. It actually cracked.

Meilin, Shane, Tokoda and Tasha were climbing as fast as they could to the broken egg shell. Abeke was still there somewhere buried in black ooze as it poured out. A huge thick, black puddle of ooze breaking free from its prison.

"Hold back!" Shane yelled. "Don't let the parasite touch you!"
They others obeyed and stayed where they were but Meilin kept climbing.

"Meilin!" Tokoda shouted once he noticed she hadn't stopped. But it was to late, Meilin couldn't hear him. She kept crawling up the thick Evertree roots, the only thought in her head was to reach Abeke. What if Abeke has been infected? Meilin panicked. No! That couldn't happen! Persistent to find her friend, Meilin inched faster towards the  broken egg shell and its contents.

The black ooze spread like a pile of ink leaking from a pen, covering every inch of the floor with a sticky black liquid. Small pieces slowly melted off to form many little parasites, inching blindly in every direction. Mailing didn't care. She had to save Abeke, she couldn't fail even though she didn't know how to succeed.

Finally, the blackness finished dispersing from its egg, leaving Abeke under it. Meilin stopped at the sight of her teammate. Abeke was laying on her back unconscious, that black sticky substance all over her, staining her clothing black. Her quiver of arrows lay beside her. One arrow drawn in her bow, though never shot. Worst of all, a black spiral pulsed in her forehead. She had been infected.

Meilin sat on the thick root, her breathing was hard. She felt faint. She didn't know how to stop the parasite. A black infecting slug climbed to her, trying to burro in her arm. She whacked it hard with her staff, sending it flying to the ground. She cast a glance behind her. Her friends were fighting off the parasites as well.
Kovo had been released and was pounding at the black ooze while Tokoda, Shane, and Tasha were swiping at their clothing, scratching the parasites off while trying to stayed balanced on the Evertree's roots.

Had she let them all down?

A/N
Please read:
First of all, photo credits to me!!
Second, sorry to all of you who read and enjoyed this, but this is the last chapter I'm posting because I'm discontinuing this story. :(
I just don't feel like writing this anymore. However, if anyone wants to continue this book for me, I'm perfectly fine with that. Just let me know in the comments and give me credit for the first 28 chapters that I have already written. Thanks for reading!!
~Flamingomo :)