Introduction

Dear James,

Hey, it's me, John. Today is the last day of school and the first day of Summer! The thing is, I can't stay at your house for the summer. My dad told me that we've been running out of money lately and I need to get a job. I heard of a place near here. Did you guess: Cirus Baby's Pizza World? That place was the closest and only one in town. I've heard rumors that pizzeria closed down due to their heads being open and taking children's faces off. Eh, how bad could that possibly be? Besides, they pay night guards at least $20 a day. That means that I'll earn about $100 each week I come! I'm still sorry I can't go. It's for the best (and possibly the worse.)

From, John

-----------------------------------------------------------
"Why can't you go?" James asked me.

"Because I'm running out of money, duh?" I replied. "But that won't be for the whole summer, will it?" "Only for this month, then it's over."

"But you know that place. It was the cause of people dying. Literally, when employees got into the suits, their bodies were crushed and mashed into bloody pieces! And some bullies in the lower grades made a kid get his frontal lobe bitten off. Surely you'll not get yourself hurt." James said in a serious voice.

"I hope so. Otherwise, I wouldn't be seeing you in August. I'll keep myself safe for sure." I said, closing my locker.

The bell rang, alerting everyone summer finally began. Crowds of seventh graders, seniors, and sixth graders ran and rushed to the exit. I scrambled through the crowd, while James was following behind.

"Alright, see ya next month!" I said to him. I got into my car, starting the engine and driving away from the school.

As I drove home, I felt something wrong would happen. I thought to myself, Could I be in one of those suits, would I be the next cover page, would I die?

I parked the car in its usual spot and headed towards the house, opening the door.

"But you know I can't let him go, it's too dangerous." "What if the bank calls us up and takes everything we have away from us?" My parents argued.

"Um. Hey mom and dad." I said to them.

"Hey there, kiddo," Dad replied while Mom walked up the stairs. "She's been busy lately."

"Why?" I asked him. "Well, we wasted our money on the last thing that we can buy: food. If we don't have money, we won't have any electricity or water. She thinks that if we let you go, it would be a huge risk to take. Talk with her, and try to make her calm about this." Dad said as he walked to sit on the couch. I walked upstairs to only find Mom looking out the window into the sky.

"Mom? Can we talk?" I asked. "Sure, dear. I-I just can't let you go out there. What if something kills you? What if something bad can happen?" She questioned. "Don't worry about me, Mom. I'm just doing this for the greater good for our lives. I can handle anything that comes at me." I told her. "Well, maybe you're right. But I just want you to be safe. When you go, take care and remember, we will always be you."

The sun started to set as the moon came up. I laid down on my bed, thinking about my mom's words to me. Then, I closed my eyes and rested.

Later on,  darkness filled the once known bright sky, wind blowing softly, and crickets chirping.

I had a weird dream.

I was in my room, but some kid was there. The child was looking around in the closet and out the doors. Shadows of bears, a bunny, a chicken, and a fox were getting closer to him, their claws about to grasp him. Before I could even see the last of it, I woke up to hear the sound of the alarm.

I woke up in my room, sunlight bursting through the window. The dream was very peculiar. I felt that I had once gone through it. But I shook it off and went on with my day.