Sonic and the Secret Rings (2007)

Sonic and the Secret Rings is the start of Sonic's Storybook Series. It starts off to where Sonic was taking a nap with a book covering his eyes. A little voice suddenly woke him up. He yawned, and questioned what time it was. He then picked up a ring that was sitting beside him. He picked it up, and a voice said "...you are the blue hedgehog."

He was then alarmed by a floating image of a woman. The woman's name was Shahra, the Genie of the Ring. He then mentioned Sonic the story of Aladdin and his magic lamp. Sonic said to her that he never read the book, and she got surprised. But it was besides the point. She showed him the Arabian Nights book and he saw that the pages were blank. He then saw that the words were vanishing. The words make up their world.

Shahra explained that the one who was behind it all was an evil genie named the Erazor Gjinn. She told him that if their world doesn't exist anymore, the stories will not exist anymore, and that the Erazor Djinn will be released into Sonic's world.

The only way for Sonic to help was to be the Master of the Ring. As in, he wears a small ring, and when he rubs it, Shahra protects him and he is her master. He first asked for handkerchiefs because of a cold he got the other day. After all the talk, they then went on a magic carpet and flew inside the book.

After a few runs, he asked Shahra about taking him to the Erazor. But once he asked her, dark smoke appeared, and a sword whipped out. Talk about a close shave. Erazor then said that he was the 'blue rat' that got added to the story. Sonic got a little irritated from the statement, so he corrected him. Erazor then told them that he was the one that carved up their worlds from the pages of the book. He also said that with the help of the Seven World Rings- suddenly Sonic stopped him and was confused about the rings. He then asked Shahra if she gathered the rings for him. But she told him that the rings don't exist, and she would never even give them to him if they did. Just then, Erazor wanted to punish her with a flame of judgement. Instead of it hitting her, it hit Sonic when he ran in front of her. Erazor then told them that they have to bring them the rings before the flame was extinguished. If not, Sonic's life will be forfeit. He then teleported away to see King Shahryar, the creator and main character of the Arabian Nights. But with Sonic's speed, he would get there faster than him.

When they reached the king's palace, it was quiet. No one was there. He then thought that they were late. But then a jar spooked, and out came...Dr. Eggman?! Sonic questioned why Dr. Eggman was there, but he knew that it was another one of his schemes. But Shahra then stopped him, and told him that it was actually King Shahryar. The king said that when the evil spirits invaded the palace, everyone ran, and he was stuck having to hide in the jar. Just then, a Pterosaur flew in and grabbed him. "Well well. Guess it's time for a little action."

When Sonic was running through the Oasis, he then saw someone in trouble. He destroyed the spirits, and turned to him. It was Tails. He questioned him about why he was in the story like Eggman, but he proclaimed that he was Ali Baba. But Shahra told Sonic must've mistook him for someone else, like King Shahryar. But Ali Baba forgave him, and told them that he would repay them by helping them.

They then ran into a giant monster called the Sand Scorpian. It was a monster summoned by the Erazor Djinn. Sonic asked her about stopping it with her magic, but she said sadly that she doesn't have that kind of power. Sonic then said that he had to deal with it himself. He then looked at Shahra and saw that she was unhappy. He told him that by the end of their adventure, he'll make her smile. He wasn't ordering her as her master. It was a promise from him to her.

After stopping the boss, they ran and saw a ring. It was a Yellow World Ring. It was one of the rings the Erazor Djinn talked about. When he grabbed it, a lot of power was coming to him. Shahra then told him what was written in the newest chapter of the Arabian Nights. It said that a legendary blue hedgehog from another world will come and save them. Sonic then blushed. It also said that when the seven rings that control the worlds were gathered, the portals between the worlds will open. But the life of the collector of the rings, would be ended up in sacrifice as key for the control. Sonic got mad as he heard about him making a sacrifice. But he knows what to do. He must collect all the world rings, and stop Erazor from tearing up their world.