Chapter 3: Christine Daaè

>>>>>>Picture Daroga

"Please sit." Daroga gestured to the chair next to his desk. I was hiding behind the bookshelf from there is a doorway. I move the book so at least one eye can see.

"I am Daroga, the manger, but everyone calls me The Persian or Sir.” Daroga spoke reaching his hand toward the girl for a handshake. She shook his hand. “I forgot to get your information from Madame Giry. You can tell me for yourself." He continued sitting in his chair.

"Of course." She sat as well clasping her hands together placing them on her lap.

"I'm Christine Daaè, I was born and raised in Sweden."

"Any previous work in theater?"

"No sir." Daroga's eyes widened.

"Any training with your voice?" Ms. Daaè shook her head no.

"With some practice I could see you here." Her chocolate eyes widened.

"Really?" Daroga kindly smiled.

"Yes, Ms. Daaè" Daroga spoke rising. In which Ms. Daaè mimicked.

"For now you will be put as chorus." Chorus?! Daroga what are you thinking? Those girls will try to eat her.

"Thank you." Miss. Daaè cheerfully spoke with a large smile on her face.

****

After the events of today I went back to my little house on the lake. Lessons? Where in all of Paris would she get lessons? As the question left me the answer came. Of course me! Daroga would never let me. God that Daroga! In spite my anger, I kicked over a stand making papers fly all over. Sighing I bend over picking up the papers; they were training notes. It must be fate.

"Erik?!" Hearing Daroga's voice I turn.

"You could have got caught by that little stunt during auditions!"

"But I didn't." I smirked.

"I will admit though I did get a laugh." We both chuckled. I sat on the organ bench as Daroga began to sit down in the arm chair.

"I don't believe that girl had no previous vocal training." Daroga spoke with curiosity in his voice. 

"Why not? Some people are born talently better than others." Daroga peered at me giving me a 'seriously' look. We both know it’s true. Just compare me against that Prima Donna.

***

I wanted to ask about training her, but even if he says no, he knows I still will find a way. Daroga was fastening his cufflinks; he must be getting ready to go back up.

"Erik," I turn toward Daroga.

"If you're extremely careful you may give her lessons. You need to talk to someone besides me and you don't need to always be here in the little house." Daroga's eyes never left his cufflinks moving toward his jacket.

"Thank you Daroga" Daroga you man I could kiss you, but that would be strange. As they say smart minds think alike.

"When you decide to begin, take her to the large practice room. The one with the piano, but only in the evenings when everyone is gone."

"Yes, sir." Daroga grabbed his hat heading toward the door. He was smiling. He could probably feel my excitement. I get my own pupil and get to talk to a girl. This day has really been interesting indeed.

UPDATED: August 12, 2016