Chapter 4: The Opera Ghost

Today was the evening of one of our other shows in which Carlotta is not in. The ballet Tania. I wanted to keep an eye on Ms. Daaè to make sure she is doing okay.

"Christine will you be in this production?" A young ballerina asked. I'm pretty sure it was little Meg, Madame Giry's daughter.

"Only as chorus, but I will be in the wings watching you." Christine grabbed Meg's hands smiling.

"That means so much to me." Meg smiled back.

"Rehearsal in 10!" Daroga shouted entering the stage.

She will do just fine, stop worrying. I reinsured myself. Turning my body from high in the raptors, slowly I walk toward the stairs in which leads to a hall to the boxes.

"Hey!" A man below from the catwalk shouted. "Ay! What you doing up there?!" Turning my head I see, the man was talking to me. Crap! Grabbing my cape in my hands, I leap to the next beam and the next. Reaching the door quickly I ran to a utility door. Oh goodness. I didn't make a sound. Did I? Through the door I could hear the man's steps. "Hmm." As soon as he spoke his steps dissipated heading back the way he came from.

I hope she didn't see that. The only way would be is to go to my box. Slowly I open the door, to look side to side. Clear. Once in the box I fix the curtain and slouch in the chair.

"Mr.Buquet what was it?" Christine asked, still with Meg by her side.

"Or do you mean who?" A ballerina asked, while some snickered around her.

"Who?"

"It's the opera ghost."

"A ghost?" Christine looked at Meg.

"Of course. No one would dare go up there, but him." A different ballerina said.

"I didn't know The Paris Opera House had a ghost."

"Oh yes, but no harm has come. He watches our performances from Box 5. Oh, I shouldn't have told you that. Never go in there, he will become upset." Meg stated. Christine looked up toward the box. Her eyes filled with curiosity.

"Of course. Was that his doing with the dove at auditions?"

"It probably was, since I heard Sir was shocked." Meg reassured Christine.

"Places!" Daroga shouted.

UPDATED: July 12, 2016