Chapter 10: Opera Ghost Wakes

A new day rolled around, Christine and I were in the practice room. She was acting strange. Her vocals weren't able to grasp the words. I hope she's not doing anything to herself.

I stopped playing the chord, mid through. "Christine, are you okay?"

"Yes I am fine." She moved her shawl to her mouth.

"No you are not fine. I can hear it in your voice."

"I might be catching a cold."

"Oh. Well then you must rest, and eat soup." I'm pretty sure that's what you do when you're sick.

"Go now, go and rest. I will have Daroga call on me when your better."

"Thank you My Angel." Christine said walking out the door. She makes me feel soft inside. One touch and I will melt or pop. Oh, Christine.

***

That next day Christine was to sing, just a tiny part. But still she could hurt her vocals. I wanted to tell Daroga, but there is nothing he can do. Its tonight. I had to check on her. Through the Labyrinth, I was at her mirror. The image I saw ahead was compelling a blur. Only closer I saw it was the Viscount and Christine kissing. How could she! How could she do this to me! If she is ill why is she kissing him! Christine why! Did she lie to me! I have to leave. I ran racing through the tunnels to the house. How could she do this?! Slamming the door I stopped taking a breath.

"Ugh!" I shouted at the top of my lungs. I don't care if anyone hears me. How! Why?! Slowly I walked over to a chair sitting in it. Placing my head in my hands. Why? I love her! How could she do this to me?! I took a few deep breaths, clearing my mind. I must show her now. Show her I love her more. I stood walking to the table where Daroga had the stacks of music. On top was 'Monticello'. She will get her dream, and there is only one way. With a quill and red ink I wrote.

Dear Sir Daroga,

When Ms. Daaè is well, which should be soon. The Opera will perform 'Monticello' with Ms.Daaè as the princess and Carlotta as the maid. Ms. Daaè will do her best she knows it, but she must return to her teacher to excel. If these demands are rejected a disaster out of your imagination will occur.

Sincerely your most obedient and humble servant, O.G.

Let the wrath of the Opera Ghost began.

*****
During this time Daroga was away in town. So I slid in placing the note on his desk. I can't have Daroga thinking I am mad at him. Grabbing an ink pen from his desk and a small slice of paper I write.

I am not mad at you. Do not fear.
-E

I hid the note in his black book in which only Daroga looks at every day.

UPDATED: JULY 12, 2016