Chapter 18

*Nate's Pov*

"Alright, love you too sis." I said hanging up the phone.
Bella called me asking if Y/N and I wanted to go and get a puppy with them but it was a long stressful day for her yesterday and i don't want to commit her to anything she doesn't want to. I want to call Devin to cancel our little mission but, i can't keep putting it on hold.

Y/N walked out of the bathroom with damp hair and a towel wrapped around her body. I stood up and kissed her forehead.
"Hey beautiful. How was your shower?" I asked.
"It was nice. Relaxing." She smiled.
"How are you feeling?" I asked looking into her eyes.
"I'm fine. Yeah."
"Are you sure?"
"Yes. Nate i am." She said more strictly this time. I shouldn't have asked again.
"Well i was gonna go check on the restaurant and i had some plans with Devin but i don't think i'm gonna go." I said as she walked in the closet.
"Nate if you wanna go then go." She said. I could sense the tension.
"Y/N i feel like you don't want me to go."
"Nate i don't care." She said walking out in a t-shirt and some spandex. I didn't say anything to not make her more mad. "I'm sorry...i'm just thinking too much i have a headache." She said sitting on the bed.

I stood up and walked over to her, I leaned down and cupped her hands in mine.
"Hey, it's okay. I know things will work themselves out. Baby, i don't want you to stress about things you can't change. What needs to happen will happen." I said bringing up her right hand to my lips to lay a gentle kiss on it. "If you don't want me to go, i won't go."
"No, go." She said more calmly this time. "I don't want to ruin your plans with your cousin."
"Y/N some things can wait. You're my priority and i don't want to leave you if you're stressed and you need me."
"Nate i'm okay. I was actually gonna go hang out with Becca later, we're going to the spa or something."
"Alright... I'll take Noah with me so you can relax, take a nap, go to the spa. Spoil yourself baby. You deserve it."
I saw a small smile forming on her face.
"Okay." She said. "Just let me make a bottle for Noah and get his diaper bag ready for you."
"Alright baby."

...

"Hey Nina."
"Hey! Oh look at the little prince! Hi Noah." She cooed and lifted him off his carrier to cradle him. "How's Y/N doing?" She asked as we made our way into the office.

"Um she's doing okay. We just had a little incident yesterday and it stressed her. I told her to just take today to relax, and i have some stuff to do with Devin later." I said as i turned my attention to the computer.
"Incident? Are you guys fighting?"
"No! No we're good. It's just, yesterday at the store, we ran into the girl she used to be best friends with. Ugh every time we've ran into her she just...she always leaves Y/N in a bad mood. She starts thinking of what happened between them and i know she just wishes she could change it so she overthinks a lot. I try to do my best to be there for her but we just need a way to avoid these confrontations with this Lizzy girl. She did her wrong and doesn't deserve to be a part of Y/N's life anymore. She had her chance and she messed it up."

Nina sighed before she spoke up.
"You know Nate best friends are people your share everything with. It takes a lot of time, special moments, and commitment to get to a point where you can fully trust someone to that level and to have it torn apart all of the sudden, i mean it's easy to forgive them but to be able to trust them again that's something one could never get back."

I looked at Nina having everything she just said sink deep in my mind. Y/N forgave Lizzy because she wanted peace with herself. I wasn't a part of Y/N's life when she and Lizzy were friends i really don't know how close they were or how much they trusted each other but, i know for this to affect her the way it does the friendship must've been strong.
"Nate, Y/N is lucky to have found you and be able to trust you. Its not easy to trust again when trust has been broken."

I leaned back and thought about Y/N when i looked over at Noah.
"Yeah, i'm the luckiest guy to have found her too. She's my everything...Her and Noah."

"Knock. Knock." Devin said popping his head in the office.
"Hey bro. What's up?" I said standing up to bro hug him.
"Hey Nate! What's up with you? How you been man?" He asked. "Hey Nina! Oh is this the little guy? Hi buddy. I'm your uncle Devin." He whispered fiddling with Noah's little foot.
"Hi Devin. How ya been?" Nina asked.
"I'm good. I'm good."
"Oh sit down guys. Devin make yourself comfortable." I said and made my way back behind my desk.
"Yeah thank man. How's Y/N? How's parenthood with you guys?" He asked.
"Y/N's good. Yeah we're good." I said making sure everything was right on the balances.
"So you ready to go?" He asked putting his hands together.
"Uh yeah. Just let me shut this down and we can get going."
"And where might you two be going?" Nina asked curiously.
"Oh it's a top secret mission. We would tell you Nina but, you would just tell everyone else about it." Devin smiled at her.
I laughed.
"Well that's hurtful."  She said.
"Alright, later Nina love you." I said kissing her cheek and getting Noah.
"Yeah! Boys day!" Devin cheered as we walked out.

"Hey Nate. You haven't been here in a while. Oh is this your brother?" Violet asked looking down at Noah, being her nosey perky self.
"No this is my son actually."
"Well, hello there. I'm Devin, Nate's cousin." Devin smirked.
"Oh hi. I'm Violet." She said playing with her hair.
"Well it's a pleasure to meet you." He winked. These two are flirting all perfect for each other, maybe Violet will finally get off my back every time I come here.
"Alright bro. We gotta go." I said almost dragging Devin out.
"I'll call you!" He yelled out.
I rolled my eyes and laughed at him.

I buckled Noah up on his car seat and went to turn on the engine.
"Alright are you ready for this mission?" I asked hyping up Devin.
"Oh i was born ready! Let's do this. Operation Y/N G. is officially on." He said.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —

A/N: Mmhm what could these two cousins be up too? And Violets back?!? What?! Her and Devin huh😏. And Lizzy, Lizzy, Lizzy...what are we gonna do with her huh?

Comment. Comment. Comment. It makes me smile you guys are liking the sequel to The Two of Us.
:)