Chapter 21

*Nate's Pov*

"Babe it's gonna be okay, Noah's gonna be alright its just a couple shots." I said knowing Y/N was nervous since the doctor left to get the shots for Noah.
"I know but, my poor baby, Nate it's gonna hurt him."
"But it's better he gets all of these now, he'll cry for a while and we'll just give him his bottle and he'll be all better."
"Oh i know." She pouted.
There was a knock on the door and the nurse came in.

"So are you guys ready? I know it's always the parents that are the nervous one's, the babies don't even know what's going on yet." The nurse said.
I looked over at Y/N. I knew what the nurse said didn't help the situation one bit.
"I'm ready when you are babe." I wrapped my arm around her and Noah to give them strength and reassurance.
She took a deep breath.
"We're ready." She said

The nurse had the needle ready in her right hand and a basketball
band-aid on the other one.
She came closer and gave Noah his first shot.
There was a loud shriek followed by Noah crying. I knew this was breaking Y/N's heart and it hurt mine too but I'm here to be strong for both her and Noah.
"Look Noah, it's okay. Look it's your little Elephant." I said waving his little stuffed elephant rattle Bella got for him. The crying became louder and louder as he got each shot.

"It's okay Noah we're all done." The nurse cooed but nothing stopped Noah from crying.
I went into the diaper bag and got out Noah's bottle handing it over to Y/N. Noah's loud cries turned into little low sobs as Y/N rocked him back and forth.
"See that wasn't so bad." The nurse said, which I'm pretty sure was a joke because i know it broke Y/N's heart. "You guys can make another appointment with the pediatrician for next month at the front desk. It's important babies get checked regularly to see how they're doing." The nurse said.
"Well thank you so much, both to you and the doctor." Y/N smiled.
"Oh no problem, it's our pleasure."

I grabbed Noah's diaper bag and felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.
It was a text from Bella.

"So do you need me tonight or no?"

I smiled and replied.

...

*Y/N's Pov*

"C'mon babe." Nate whined. "I promise you Noah will be fine. We need a night to ourselves." He said getting closer placing his hands on my waist.
"It's just, Noah hasn't been apart from both of us since he was born."
"It's okay baby. He's gonna be alright, we'll be back before we know it." He pouted.
I couldn't say no to that face.
"Mmm alright. But, we'll call every hour to see how he's doing." I said.
"Deal." He said and a smile grew on his face.
There was a knock on the door.
"That must be Bella." He said and ran over to get the door.
"Nate you had already called her??"
"Yeah, I wasn't gonna take 'no' for an answer."

I heard them greeting themselves and talking but I wasn't really paying attention, I looked down at my beautiful sleeping baby in his crib. I love him so much, I can't even begin to describe the amount of joy he brings to both me and Nate.

"Babe you ready to go?" Nate asked from the door of the nursery.
"What? Right now? Nate I don't even know where we're going and i need time to change this is just out of no where." I said looking down at my outfit, some skinny jeans and a black sleeveless top from Forever 21.
"Mm alright but, i'll pick your outfit." He smiled.

I followed him as he walked to our room and went in our closet inspecting all my clothes carefully.
"Ah, this is perfect." He said and pulled out my new maroon dress.
"So are we going somewhere fancy?" I asked.
"Maybeee. You know what, I'm gonna change too but, with you by my side no one will be looking at me."
"Oh stop it. You're such a charmer."

I started taking off my shirt and I noticed Nate walking out.
"Nate, where are you going?"
"Just to wait outside."
I starred at him in awe. I can't believe him. I could feel my eyes getting watery.
I know lately I've been moody and uncomfortable with my body because I just had a baby almost two months ago and him being understanding is all i've ever wanted and needed in my life.
"Nate come here." I said reaching out my hand for him. He came closer and took a hold of it. "Stay." I smiled.
"Y/N are you sure? It's really no big deal i mean i could just-"
I cute him off with a kiss. He was talking too much.
"Stay." I reassured him.
"Okay." He smiled and leaned his forehead on mine.

I turned around and started taking off  my shorts, my shirt and my bra came next. I slipped on the dress and went over to the mirror opening my jewelry cabinet to find matching earrings and a necklace for the outfit. The whole time i felt Nate's eyes on me but I didn't feel insecure one bit. I turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck pulling his head down for a kiss.
"So are you gonna change too or am i the only one who's gonna be looking all fancy?" I smirked.
"Well it doesn't matter what i wear, no one will be looking at me with you by my side."
I looked down and blushed. Nate gently placed his fingers under my chin and lifted my head up.
"Don't think i like that too much. You're mine." He said as he leaned down and kissed me. I smiled through the kiss and slowly pulled away.
"Alright but, i'm gonna pick out your outfit too."
"Okay baby." He said.

I went in our walk-in closet looking at Nate's side inspecting all his clothes. I took out some dress pants and a nice maroon button up t-shirt that matched with my dress.
I don't know what we're doing but if i'm dressed up he's gonna be dressed up too.
"Alright here you go." I said putting the outfit on the bed.
"Nice choice." He smiled.
"Thank you. I thought so too." I grinned.

Nate put on the slacks and started taking off his shirt. I bit my lip admiring his perfectly toned abs.
He put on the shirt and started buttoning it up and tucking it in.
"Now let me just put some cologne on and we can get ready to go." He said.
"Alright handsome." I winked.

"So I'm getting no hint to where we're going?"
"Nope, nothing. You'll just have to wait and see."
"Okay." I said as he started walking back.
"My beautiful lady, let the night begin." He said and held out his hand for me to take a hold of.
We walked out of our bedroom through the hallway and went to the living room where Bella was playing with Noah and his little elephant rattle.
"Well you guys look hot, don't you." She winked.
"Alright, don't expect us back soon Bella." Nate winked. These two are up to something.
"Bella, Noah's baby bottle is in the fridge, there's more in the pantry next to the fridge and you'll need to warm it up first. There's also some Gerber's, he'll get pouty if he wants one and if you get hungry feel free to grab anything." I said.
"Babe i think Bella's got this. Let's go." Nate said.
"Alright, alright. Good bye my beautiful baby boy. Mommy and Daddy will be back soon." I cooed picking up Noah and giving him the biggest kiss.

I set him down and walked over to Nate to take a hold of his hand.
We walked out the door and locked it.
"You ready for the best night of your life baby girl?" Nate asked giving me the biggest kiss on the cheek.
"Ready." I smiled. "Let's see what you got planned."