Thirteen

"So how does it work?" Emily asked as we stood in the schools green house alone.
"I'm not sure. I think I have to think of a place and then they just end up where I thought of" I said as looked at the flowers.
"Where did they go?"she asked referring too the guy and the girl.
"Not sure" I said slowly.
"Can you make this flower disappear?" She asked.
I nodded and touches the flower and it disappeared from her hand.
"That's so cool" she said with a smile as we walked out.
She walked away and Jess walked up.
"I seen that!" He yelled as he pushed me.
"She promised not to tell" I said.
"Tommy! We are going to have to move again" Jess yelled.
"No we won't she won't tell she promised and it wasn't my fault she found out the other night at the interview her and I were attacked I sent them somewhere so we didn't get her and she seen" I said.
"It doesn't matter mom and dad catch wind of it we are both busted" Jess said as he walked away
*later*
"I'm coming too" Jess said as he ran up to me.
"To where" I asked.
"Um the ice cream shop" he said as we walked down the street.
"Why?" I asked.
"Because I want to Tommy can't you just love your little brother for once" Jess asked.
"Fine come but no funny business" I said looking at him.
"Never" he said as we walked in.
"Tommy!" Emily said as she ran over to me with my uniform.
"Thank you" I said as I looked at Jess and went and changed.
I walked out and Jess was standing right where I left him and when I started  to work he walked up and sat on the bar stool.
"Two scoops of chocolate and a scoop of vanilla" Jess said with a smile.
"How do you have money" I asked.
"Don't ask questions" Jess said as he pulled out $3.
"Okay" I said handing him the ice cream.
"Thanks bro" he said.
"Tommy is didn't know you had a brother" Emily said as she walked over.
"Oh yeah. Emily this is Brain and Brain this is Emily" I said.
"Nice to meet you Brain" she said as she walked away.
"I actually hate that name" he said as he ate his ice cream.
I shrugged and continued to work.
*next morning*
"You two need to leave" Emily said as we walked up to the school.
"What?" Jess asked.
"They are checking for EVOs" she said as she looked over her shoulder as the front door.
"Why?" I asked.
"I'm not sure" she said as a guy in a suit walked out.
"Go now!" She yelled as I grabbed Jess' arm and ran.
We ran down the street and ran into people in suits. We turned around and seen some coming for us.
"Nathan I've never said this before but I'm scared" Jess whisper.
I looked to the left but theres a wall there so we couldn't run that way so our only option was to run to the right.
"Come on" I said grabbing Jess' arm.
"Get them!" One guy yelled.
"What if they caught us" Jess asked.
"We get tested and put in the system" I said.
"My mom!" Jess said looking up with fear.
"She's fine they are only testing kids" I said.
You know how Sabrina is Peter and Sylars weak spot well Jess is on there protect her committee.
"We are trapped" I said as I looked around.
"Teleport" Jess said.
"Now?" I asked.
"Yes you post office, me library then we meet at your moms house in California" Jess said.
I nodded as we both teleported away.
"Peter!" I yelled as I ran up to him.
"Nathan?" He asked.
"Yea come on" I said as I grabbed his arm and teleported to my mom house.
"What's the meaning of this?" Peter asked as we joined Sabrina and Jess in front of the Gray house.
"They were at our school checking for EVOs. We ran" I said as I walked into my moms.
"Nathan?" I heard my mom question.
"Yea we came here to hide" I said as I hugged my mom.
"Hide?" My dad asked (aka Sylar and my stepdad)
"They were at our school checking EVOs we ran and teleported here." I said as I stood in the living room with the family.
We were missing Noah because he was at his school and then Malina because she was away in Alaska but she was returning soon because we saving the world from the H.E.L.E in less that five months.
The adults went to the kitchen and talked while Jess and I sat in the living room waiting on Noah to return home.
"Jess do you think they hurt Emily for telling us to run for protecting us?" I asked.
"You want the truth?" He asked.
I nodded.
"Probably" he said slowly.
"We won't be going back" Sabrina said as her and my mom walked into the living room.
"We are staying here?" Jess asked.
"Yes" my dad said and he and Peter walked in.
"What about Nathan's girlfriend?" Jess asked.
"She's fine" Peter said.
"No she might not be shes the one who saved us warned us that the people were there she protected us" I said.
"She knew?" Peter yelled.
"I'm sorry uncle Peter it was an accident I swear but she promised to keep it a secret" I said.
"Nathan" my mom groaned.
"I'm sorry!" I said.
"Sorry?" Noah said as he walked him.
"What are you doing here so early?" My dad asked.
"Um they were at my school. Every school is being checked" Noah said as he shrugged.
So typical of him to let things roll he's like a boy version of Sabrina both sweet and nice with that bad Sylar attitude.
"What happened" my dad demand.
"I left" Noah said as he hung his bag up.
"They just let you leave" my mom said.
"No I walked out" Noah laughed.
"Did you get put in the system?" My dad yelled.
"No of course not!" Noah yelled.
"Stop it" my mom said.
"So now what?" Sabrina asked.
"Kids aren't safe" Peter said.
"Nope we need to slip up" my dad said.
"How?" Sabrina asked.
"Peter you get Jess and Sabrina and Claire get Nathan and I get Noah we all go somewhere and start over until it's time to find each other" my dad said.
We each nodded and figured out game plans for the next few months we aren't allowed to get a hold of each other and we can't know where anyone is at expected our selfs.