Montana

Emmi

It took a few days but here we are in Montana. I unbuckle myself. The three of us. May hugs me and I turn to Roy and her hug her tightly.

"Stay safe." May says. I nod. She gets my bike put and I get my backpack on. "Well Emmi Butler, we'll meet again some day." She says. I hug her again.

"Some day."I say gently to Roy as I climb on my bike. I wave as I ride away. I pedal away quickly to ride away from the pain of going back to them.

And while we were traveling we stopped on a teeny town where no one would know me. I got a haircut and got it to a darker brown color. I'm not supposed to get make up until twelve, but I'm almost twelve. Just a few weeks. May told me since I'm from a YouTube channel with a lot subscribers I need to look older and different. She and I got make up together. I just got mascara, eyeliner and lipstick in a few colors. I got new clothes and things like beanies and sunglasses to hide myself if anyone notices me. When I applied the make up, did my hair and got changed I looked so much older for my age. Like fourteen maybe. In was already as tall as Avia.

Today I'm dressedin jeans, a white shirt, leather jacket, black beanie and black boots

Today I'm dressed
in jeans, a white shirt, leather jacket, black beanie and black boots. I have my hair wavy and a cute kind of messy. I have an actual suitcase but that's in my 'home'. I continue riding and stop when I arrive where I will be staying. It's a beat up shack with zero windows. It's cold in there but I'll live. I mean I have in the woods. I have four camping lamps that I taped on the walls for light. In the corner there's a gymnastics mat from goodwill for my bed. I have a few blankets from may on there and my pillow. Next to it there's a box for stuff. There is a small square of glass for a mirror and a broken so I can do make up. Other than my suit case and backpack that's about it. I charge my phone at places at the public library. I read there too and check out books.

I sit on my 'bed' and pick up When, by Victoria Laurie. I'm on page 167 and it's so good! (Honestly it really is!-Lily). I open it and continue reading.

"Mrs.Matsuda sits down and stared at me with a mixture of wonder and disbelief. You really don't know who she was?" she pressed." I read aloud to no one. I try to feel what Maddie what sound like. Her feelings and everything. I set the book on my lap and stare at the old shack celining. It always made creeky sounds like it was going to break and crush my skull like a piece of candy. That's an ugly image. Ugh.

I stand and decide to go to a corner store for some snacks. I have over a thousand dollars from my savings to dad's wallet and stashed money mom hid. They basically pushed their daughter away so the least they can do is give me money, right?
I put on some mascara and lipstick that's a nice shade of red. I put on a thin layer of eyeliner. I throw on some shades and get on my bike.

I pedal down the road to Fast Stop. It's a little chilly so I'm glad I'm all warm and snuggly in my jacket. I ride the few miles fairly quickly. I stop my bike by the thick oak tree. The branches tower over me like an arm ready to swoop me up. I walk in.

"Hi." A teen girl at the check out desk says. I smile and nod, careful to show I'm not a wimp. Well that's what May said. "Look tough and strong so ain't no one will ever mess with ya." She quotes looking me sternly in the eyes. The girl goes back to helping an old woman. I look through the shelves and buy Muddie Buddies and a Gatorade. I only do this once a week to save money. I go up to the cashier and pay for my treat. I go outside and sit by the tree and eat my snack. It's beautiful out. Not to sunny, not to hot or not too cold. Just perfect. I like Montana so far. I wipe my hands on my jeans and open the Gatorade. I gulp a huge amount down. I sigh and stretch my arms and lay on the freshly trimmed grass.

"Babytard." I hear suddenly. The hairs on my arms stand up. My blood feels cold. But I ignore it. It's probably lt just my mind.

But it comes again.

"Emmi Butler." It comes darker. I shoot up and look around.

"Go-go away." I say, my voice quivers. I start to stand to get away.

"Scared little girl? You are only a helpless child unheard of. Poor you. Come to me. I will be your daddy and love of you unlike Shay who didn't even hear his precious little girl." He slurrs. I put one hand on my bike handle. A shadow steps out. An older man with dirty blonde hair and dark eyes. He's tall. At least six feet.

"Come on little sweet heart." He says. My eyes widen. I swing my foot on one side to go, but he's too quick for me. His hand grabs my mouth to muffle my screams. His left hand wraps around my waist and picks me up. I struggle and scream. He voice is stiff and deep. He thunders at me.

"Shut up! The less you talk talk he less painful it will be." He warns. I still struggle though to get out of his grip. But I can't get put. He carries me roughly to a beat up car behind the story will no one will see him. He pushes me against the top of the seat. His dirty hand still pressed against my mouth. I feel rope around my legs and wrists. He let's go of my hand. I try to scream, but before I can he presses a cloth against my mouth. Before I know everything is black.