Three: Lost and Found

(M/n)-mom's name

Your pov
Once Bill and I made it out of the woods, we made our way into the town square. It had been so long since I'd been there, I couldn't help but sigh in happiness. This place was my first, and only, love. I was looking around, so caught up in the city crowd.

"Princess?" Bill asked gently.

      I turned to face him. Yeah?

"Did you hear anything I just said?"

      Nope.

"Well, those two over there are Pine Tree and Shooting Star."

     You're kidding, right? Those can't be their actual names.

"It's their symbols on my wheel, my only weakness. Shooting Star is Mabel and Pine Tree is-"

     Dipper.

"Wait, you know him?" He asked, looking so cool without trying, much like a cover boy on a magazine. I just then realized how handsome he was...just kidding. I realized that a long, long time ago. He smirked. "Thanks, princess. You're not so bad yourself."

      Oh schist. He heard that, didn't he? He nodded.

"Hey!" Bill yelled suddenly. Dipper and Mabel turned towards us and began to come closer to us. I saw Dipper's eyes widen at the sight of us two.

"(Y-Y/n)?" Dipper asked, astonished.

I nodded my head happily and gave him a toothy grin. I ran up to him and crushed him in a hug. It was like we were at the lost and found, we'd found something we'd lost. Only we'd never had each other to lose.

Dipper's pov
     I couldn't believe it was her. When I realized it was her- really, truly her- I forgot everything important. All I could think of was her (e/c) eyes, her beautiful face right there in front of me. I'd never lost her, but hugging her, breathing in her strawberry scent, it felt a lot like finding something I'd lost.

     And, of course, it wasn't creepy at all that I happened to notice that she smelled like strawberries. Not. At. All. It also wasn't creepy that I planned on writing about this event in exact detail in my journal when I got home.

     "Um... Dipper?" Mabel asked. I'd forgotten that she didn't know who the heck it was that randomly ran up and hugged me. I'd forgotten that not everyone knew everything that went on in my life.

     "Oh, um Mabel this is (Y/n). My, um, old friend I met in town last year. Yeah!" She squinted her eyes as if she didn't believe me, and with good reason since I was lying. Then she perked up and smiled.

     She viciously shook (Y/n)'s hand. "HI (Y/N)!!!!! I'M MABEL AND I HAVE A PET PIG NAMED WADDLES AND HE IS THE CUTEST THING IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND YOU ALREADY KNOW MY TWIN BRO BRO DIPPER AND YOU SHOULD COME OVER TO THE SHACK TO SLEEP OVER IT WOULD BE SO MUCH FUN AND I WANT TO BE YOUR BEST FRIEND!!!!!!!!"

     (Y/n) giggled, then stared at Mabel awkwardly. "Mabel," I explained, "(Y/n)'s a mute, meaning she doesn't talk."

     "I know what a mute is, Dipper! I'm not totally dumb! But why don't you talk, (Y/n)? Did something happen? Some surgery you never recovered from? Or were you born like that?"

     "Her father disappeared when she was younger and she's never spoken since," the blond boy with (Y/n) explained.

     I narrowed my eyes at him in suspicion. "Who're you?" I demanded.

     "Tobias Dawson, (Y/n)'s best friend in the whole universe. Right, (n/n)?" (Y/n) nodded in agreement, smiling serenely. I'd wanted to see that smile for so long, and here it was. Here she was, right there in front of me. It was my dream come true.