Chapter Twelve: Gasoline II

Dipper's point of view

We arrived at (Y/n)'s house a while later. "Mrs. (L/n)?" I said.

(Y/n)'s mother ran to the door and hugged Mabel and me. "I don't know what you two did, but my baby girl just spoke to me for the first time in years." She was in tears.

"Where is (Y/n), if you don't mind my asking?" I asked.

"She's in her room. Oh, I'm so glad she has friends!" Mrs. (L/n) said to herself as Mabel and I lumbered up the stairs.

     We made it to (Y/n)'s room, but she wasn't there. Her window was open, the black curtains fluttering in the wind, and there was an intricately folded piece of paper laying on her bed. Mabel reached over and grabbed it, being careful not to tear it as she unfolded it. She read it, and handed it to me in tears.

     "Read it," she demanded.

     I read it from beginning to end, over and over again.

     To who it may concern,
(Y/n) (L/n) is currently in the possession of Mr. Tad Strange, His Squareness, the King of the Mindscape. (Y/n) is to become his Queen on the night of the next full moon. We are well aware of how senseless and sudden this is, and hope it doesn't inconvenience you that you'll never see her again, as she will be living in the Mindscape with Tad for eternity. But being totally honest we don't care about whether it's an inconvenience. Thanks for reading this or whatever.
Signed,
Anzu, Amon and Amy

"She isn't coming back?" I asked Mabel.

"You read the letter, bro," Mabel replied.

"Well, you know what? This means we can go save her!"

"But how do we go to the Mindscape?"

"Without Bill's help? No idea!"

     "Can't we summon Bill or something?" Mabel asked. "We can't do it without him."

     I sighed. "I was really hoping to save her without him, but we really don't have any other options, do we?" Mabel shook her head.  "Let's get to summoning, then." I went to look for the journals to find the spell.

Your point of view

I was so bored. The room they had me staying in was so bland, and there were no books or anything to read. There wasn't even any food. So I just laid down on the bed and stared at the ceiling until Tad finally opened the door. "Is everything alright?" I nodded, not bothering to get up. "You're bored?" He guessed. I nodded again.

     "There's nothing to do in here. Darn, there probably isn't even any wifi!"

     "Wifi? In the Mindscape?" He laughed. "I don't think so."

      "I don't even know what the 'Mindscape' is," I told him. "Just some kind of hell?"

     "Eh, kind of. Not really, but kind of. It's where dream demons have to stay."

     "So you're going to make me into a demon?" He nodded. "My dad was turned into a demon a long time ago. Bill killed him."

     "That seems familiar to me..." Tad trailed off. "Oh yes, that's because I am the one who made your father a demon."

"What?!"

"You heard me, dear."

"Please refrain from calling me that."