Chapter Eleven: Castle

Your point of view

     Where the hell ((of a butler)) am I?

The same voices I'd heard earlier were speaking to each other in hushed tones. That's all I could sense besides darkness. Wherever I was, there was nothing but darkness and shadow, and the voices were the only things to break the looming silence.

"She'll make a wonderful queen," the first voice said. It sounded like a young man, maybe a boy.

"So regretful. Full of guilt and pain, insanity and strangeness," the second voice said. This one was more feminine than the other voice, and sounded more cold and quiet.

"The King will simply adore her!" The third voice said. I recall this voice from being the last thing I heard before the darkness took me. This was the raspy, harsh voice of an old man.

They want to make me their queen? Who are these people? Who is The King?

"You sound jealous," the young boy said, to the girl or the old man, I wasn't sure, but I was pretty sure he was joking.

"Yes, I am. She's all any of us could dream to be to impress His Squareness," the girl said. "The girl is more a demon than we could ever dream of being, and she's a human!"

"I suppose you're right, Amy," the young boy said. "But then again, we had to be in a state similar to her before we turned. But then again, I don't recall being as guilt-stricken as her. She had to have insane self-control not to go bloody depressed. She has so much potential!"

     "Amon, you and your sister are simply ridiculous, talking about the Queen in her presence. She could be awake, and we wouldn't know it!" This was the old man.

   "Anzu, there's nothing to worry about. The young mistress wasn't supposed to wake up for hours. You know we hit her over the head with a hammer, right?" The boy, Amon, said.

Anzu, the old man, yelped. "You hit her over the head with a hammer?! You could've killed her!"

"But he didn't," said Amy, "because he isn't stupid. You would've killed her, ya old fart."

"I am a demon, Amy. I'm not a frail old man," Anzu said, his voice an awful, low hiss.

"His Squareness could've at least turned you before you reached such a ripe old age, or preferably not turned you at all. The immortal life of a demon doesn't fit you, Anzu. You haven't the strength, even with the enhanced abilities the Second Life grants you," Amy stated. "You're simply a grumpy old man for eternity."

"No offense, Anzu, friend, but Amy has a point," Amon put in.

"Oh, is it just 'Target Anzu Day'?! You little dingleberries had better shut your yaps," the old man replied.

"What the heck is a dingleberry?" Amy asked.

"Oh, that's it you little-"

"Stop," an authoritative voice bellowed. It wasn't one of my kidnappers. No, it was a new voice. More kingly, more dark, more demonic. I assumed it was His Squareness, whoever the heck that was.

    "Yes, Your Squareness," Anzu whispered, seemingly ashamed of whatever he was doing. I assumed he had been about to attack Amy; that was a little obvious, though.