Five: I'm On Vacation

*Rhett and Link are my favorite Youtubers, as you can see. I love this song. The vid is hilarious. You've gotta watch the vid before you read the chapter. Or watch it later if you're in public without earphones or something.*
*Update: Miles McKenna is my favorite YouTuber*

Your pov
"Hey (Y/n)!" My mom chirped. "Pack your bags, we're going on a road trip!"

Oh. Great. Mother. Of. Hades.

I reach for the notebook and pen on my nightstand and write: And where are we going, exactly?

     "It's a secret. Oh, and your friends are coming too! They actually helped me plan it. Especially the boys. The girl-what was it, Mabel?- just kept on putting stickers on everything and bedazzling herself and all of us."

     I laughed; that definitely sounded like Mabel, from what I'd seen. I was glad I would have a chance to get to know my friends better, but I just hoped we wouldn't be going camping in tents. Shiver. Tents are horrible, especially after that one time when I was little. I felt like I was suffocating, it was terrible; I've got claustrophobia, so being alone in a small piece of fabric isn't the best thing for me.

I'd been laying in my sleeping bag, about to go to sleep when I felt like I was being suffocated, like the walls were closing in on me to crush me, even though there weren't walls. It was a tent, after all. I started screaming, and I kicked the tent. The tent collapsed on top of me, making my cries intensify.

I still remember my father's comforting words when I ran out of my tent crying. He had came and stroked my hair telling me not to worry; right away he'd decided to take me home. We had been out monster hunting and had decided to go camping, but after the tent incident, we'd never once been back camping. But, of course, Mom didn't know about my horrible claustrophobia or anything about that terrible incident.

As long as there aren't tents involved. I wrote and showed it to my mom.

     She shook her head. "No, there aren't tents where we're going. Now load up in the van!" I did as told to see Mabel had called shotgun while Dipper and Bill were in the backseat. That won't be awkward at all.

     Bill got out of the van so I could crawl in and then sat down next to me. Mabel just kept singing The Vacation Song by Rhett and Link while the boys and I sat in silence. Finally, Mom threw some duffel bags in the trunk and put the keys in the ignition. Sadly for me, the air conditioning was blowing right in my face, making me shiver. Dipper looked over and saw I was cold and handed me a blanket that Mom had surely put in the floorboard. She was prepared for anything and everything that way.

     I happily took the blanket and curled up underneath it. I gave him a smile of appreciation and he nodded. Mabel then put a cd in the radio and played it. It was the full-length soundtrack from the Dream Boy High movie. Gag. I would have preferred the Crybaby album, personally. Bill growled at the sound of the synthesized music blasting from the speakers and I laughed quietly at his reaction.

So do you know where we're going? I write and show to Bill.

     "No clue. It was your mother's idea, not ours," Bill replied. We were all immersed in silence with the exception of Mabel's horrible cd for a few hours until I began to grow tired. I leaned on Dipper's shoulder and began to drift off.

^-^

Whilst asleep in the car, my head on Dipper's shoulder, my dreams were actually more like the dreams normal teenage girls would have. That is, if they're also crazy fangirls. My OTP was real. My OTP was real and I got to experience the moment they became real. My OTP, like most fangirls' OTP, is not canon. But they are in this dream. Very canon. What happened in this dream is up to you, because I can't describe it. It was too wonderful.

*3*

     Everyone murmured words of amazement at the sight of the beach. The sand was pure white, the water a clear blue. We were at a beach on the border of Oregon and it was simply gorgeous. Mabel and I had taken an interest in the tide pools nearby whilst the boys talked amongst themselves. Within the tide pools were plethoras of seashells and starfish. I had happened to find a sand dollar and claimed it as my own. Meanwhile, Mabel had dug in the sand nearby to discover a hermit crab that she chased us all around with.

     My mother had brought her copy of some vampire book and had been reading it the whole time we were at the beach. Mom didn't seem to pay my friends and me any mind; she was too immersed in the book. Mabel and I roleplayed as mermaid princesses and had convinced the boys to be valiant knights.

Then we had the boys run across the magical mermaid lagoon to which Bill said, "Avast, Sir Dipper the Sweaty, doth you see this beautiful mermaid and her friend?"

"Aw, Tobias!" Mabel said, giggling happily.

"Uh, Mae, I think he was talking about (Y/n)," Dipper told his sister.

"Halt, Dipper! How dare you leave character!" Bill exclaimed.

Dipper rolled his eyes at the demon and said, "Alas, I must apologize for my unacceptable behaviors, Sir Tobias the Destroyer."

"Yes, now you understand!" Bill replied. I giggled at their goofiness.

"Hark, the mermaid laughs!" Bill proclaimed. "Tell me, wondrous creature, doth you speak?" I shook my head at him and didn't question it because I knew his asking was for the sake of the roleplay. "Who doth you love, mermaid?" I shook my head. "Ah yes, unable to speak are you."

Bill was just mixing up normal phrases to sound all formal and ancient and he knew it. He smiled at me. "Would you and your companion wish to join our quest?"

     "YESH!" Mabel chirped. I nodded my head and laughed a bit.

     "Huzzah!" Bill shouted, and Mabel and Dipper followed suit. I just sat there scratching my arm awkwardly.

     We all waded into the water together until we were about waist-deep.

      "So, valiant Knights. What is your quest?" Mabel asked.

       "Ah, we are on the quest for the Magical Sand Dollar of Mystical Whimsy!" Bill said, laughing heartily. I handed him the sand dollar I found earlier. "Huzzah! We have found it! You may keep this sand dollar, mermaid. Now we must find the Oyster of Immense Power!"

     "Let's look in the tide pools!" Suggested Mabel, adding that she had seen plenty of oysters earlier. We all dig in the tide pools and nearby sand until Dipper finally found an oyster. He opened it up to reveal a small pearl sitting inside.

     "Huzzah! Sir Dipper, you have found the Oyster of Immense Power! Now, what to do with the pearl?" Dipper grabbed the Pearl and laid it in my hand. I smiled as I watched it glimmer in the sunlight. This reminds me of the Hunger Games, I thought.

     "Okay kids, I finished my book! You all ready to go?" Mom shouted from halfway across the beach. We all ran up to her and made our way to the car. We had all had a great time at the beach, but it reminded me of when I used to roleplay with my father. I would pretend I was a pirate and he was first mate, so the beach made me think of that. I remembered my old playhouse shaped like a pirate ship and how I would have Dad crawl inside to roleplay with me. Looks like I'm never free of the memories.

:3

     I sat on an overturned tree trunk in the woods once we made it home, thinking about where my father could be. I had to find him, that much I had decided. I was debating going to search alone when I heard someone come up behind me.

"I know what you're thinking, princess. There's no way you're going into those woods alone."

Well Bill, what do you suggest I do? I've waited this long, I've got to go look for my dad!

"Maybe I could go with you?" He suggested. I shrugged. I guess we were going to find my dad then. Mom would have a cow by the time we got back, but I wasn't worried about that at the moment. All I cared about was finding my father.

** Hello everyone!! I'd like to say thank you so so much for 200 views!!!! I can't believe this book has gotten that far! Thanks for reading! **