Chapter Eight: In The Name Of Love

(Author here to say that this story has turned into a Bill x reader pretty much and I'm aware, but Dipper lovers please hang in there! More of Dipper soon! Very soon... *wink wink*)

Bill's pov
      I looked at (Y/n). Tears threatened to fall from her (e/c) eyes as she looked at me in shock.

     It was you?

    "Well, it was back when I was all whacko take-over-the-world and everything. (D/n) had made a deal with me and hadn't kept his side of the bargain, you see, so I only had so many options on what to do with him. Being a sadist, I of course chose what would cause him the most pain: slow death."

     He's really dead?

     "Well, when I had tortured him to unconsciousness, another demon took pity on him and...well, he's alive, but I doubt you'd want to see him."

     "I do," she said. I jumped; the first words she'd ever said to me. "I do want to see him. I don't care."

"Did you just-"

"Speak, yeah. I want to see him. I've blamed myself for all this time, Bill! I thought it was my fault he died!"

I put my hand on her cheek. "Of course it's not your fault."

"You're right. It's your fault."

"As much as I'd like to argue, you're right. And I'm deeply sorry. It's just-I don't know. I've changed since then. This human form has given me human emotions. Guilt. Happiness..." Love, I wanted to say. But that would have been ridiculous. I don't love this silly little girl. Do I?

"So Dad is really okay?"

"Well, I'm not sure if I'd say okay. But he's not dead, and he's not in pain. I'm just not sure it's safe for you to see him."

     "Well, I don't care if it's safe for me. I just want to see him again."

    "My God, (Y/n), you're stubborn."

     "Well, wouldn't you be if you found out your dead father was alive?" I looked at her, my eyes wide. Did she know? No, she couldn't possibly.

     "Let's go, then."

*^*

Your pov
     It was such a relief to find out that Dad was actually okay, but it was kind of upsetting that I'd been worried all that time for nothing. I'd given up speaking, which had resulted in the loss of many friends. That being said, I was horrified to find out that it was Bill's fault. I felt like he didn't deserve my trust anymore.

"Hey, don't be like that, princess! I wasn't quite right back then."

"Dam right you weren't."

"I would gasp and be like 'omg you cursed?!' if I didn't know that you were referencing a fandom."

"Ugh! Why do you have to know me so well?!"

"Because we're friends, even if you don't think so now. I'll take you to meet your father today and be off, but remember that I'll be watching you. When your Dipper ends up failing to protect you, feel free to call me in the Nightmare Realm."

"You're leaving?!" As much as I hated to admit it, I would miss him.

He laughed-LAUGHED!-and said, "I had a feeling you'd say that. But yeah, I've gotta leave, (N/n). No hard feelings, it's just that I've got my powers back and I can go back home now."