Chapter Six: Crybaby

It had been days since the gang and I had visited the beach. We had all gathered at Greasy's diner for breakfast. We all sat at the table we had pretty much claimed as our own over the past few visits and my friends were talking about pretty much anything as I sat and nibbled at my bacon pancakes.

       "You okay there, sweets?" Bill asked. I shrugged and continued to slowly nibble the bacon pancakes. Dipper and Mabel both looked at me, their chocolate brown eyes filled with concern for me. I nodded my head and tried my best to fake a smile for them. It wasn't that I was unhappy, really. It's just that I was a bit frustrated. I had loads of different things to deal with. I had found the famed Journal 3 at a Confiscated Items Sale and was debating whether or not to tell Dipper and Mabel.

Bill seemed to have known what I was thinking, of course. How would he not? He can read minds, after all. He reached for my notepad and scrawled the words, Don't be worried, princess. I smiled. I reached into my messenger bag and patted the journal. We all sat in silence, and I had obliged to Bill's order to stop worrying.

"So, what should we do today?" Mabel asked. "I was thinking of a sleepover! We can do makeovers, and read vampire romance novels, and-"

"Mabel," Bill interrupted. "That's a horrible idea."

"What do you suggest we do instead, Tobias?" Mabel asked, her hands on her hips.

"Maybe we can go on a road trip!" Bill said. "Not a road trip like we just did. Oh no, this is completely different. This is a road trip to another dimension!"

"How would we do that?" This was Dipper.

"I have my ways," Bill said vaguely. I knew what he meant though. He would use his powers to take us to another dimension. Or worse, one of our own minds. I shuddered at the thought. "So, when do you all want to leave out? I already discussed with (Y/n)."

No. He didn't discuss crap with me.

"We can leave whenever!" Dipper said.

"Great! Let's go now, then!" Bill then started to chant in a foreign language. It sounded a bit Latin in origin, but that could just have been me. Or because all the demonic chants have to be in Latin or they're just a load of bull crap. We all closed our eyes as he had instructed we do until he finished the chant. I opened my eyes to see my house in front of me, but it was grey. That's weird.

"Welcome to (Y/n)'s Mindscape, everyone! I'm your host, Tobias Dawson, and these are the Mindscape Chronicles! Day one: (Y/n), Mabel, Dipper and their totally hot, perfect best friend Tobias entered the building in front of them. Tobias was not worried, but (Y/n) and the others seemed to be. Dipper and Mabel wondered how Tobias had gotten them to the Mindscape but (Y/n) knew exactly how he had done it."

"How did we get here, Tobias?" Mabel asked.

"That's for me to know and you to not know, Shooting-Mabel. I meant Mabel."

"D-did you almost just say...Shooting Star?!" Dipper exclaimed.

"No!" Bill exclaimed. "Yes...maybe...okay, it's me, you've caught me, smart guy. What're you going to do about it?"

"And (Y/n)! You're not surprised by this?" Dipper asked me. I shook my head as Bill put his arm around my neck and I laid my head on his shoulder.

"She's known this whole time! Ever since the beginning! We really are friends, too! She's told me! In thoughts, of course, but they were very sincere and sentimental thoughts all the same."