Halloween (continued)

(Laurance's POV)
My Irene was I relieved. No more secrets, and it turned out just fine.
"Hey, we should go outside for a bit." I suggested.
"Well it's pretty cloudy and cold out right now."
I looked out the window. Garroth was right, it was. The wind had picked up too. Out of nowhere, thunder broke the peaceful mood. My stomach twisted.
I hate thunderstorms..
(Garroth's POV)
"Laurance, you okay?"
He seemed nervous.
"Uh..y-yeah. I'm f-"
A crack of lightning and another, even louder, bit of thunder struck and Laurance jumped and squeaked.
"Eep!"
"You sure?"
Cadenza answered. "Oh Laurance has always-"
"Cadenza!"
"Laurance, are you scared of storms?" I asked.
"N-.....noooo." But he jumped at the next sight of lightning.
"Hahaha. It's okay Laurance. Come here. Let's go sit down."
We went to his basement where it felt safer. The storm got pretty bad and picked up dramatically.
I just feel bad for the kids who plan on trick-or-treating tonight.
We sat and listened to the strong wind whistling outside. Laurance had tucked himself into a blanket.
He's so cute.,
Suddenly, a super loud crack of thunder hit and the power went out. Night had fallen while we were sitting in the basement. He freaked out.
Everything was so dark. He basically pounced on me and clung to me.
I could tell he was silently crying by the tears that were slowly dampening my shirt.
"You're really scared huh?"
"Okay yes! I admit it... I'm a huge baby I know but I hate storms."
I feel so bad, he shouldn't be ashamed. I probably shouldn't have pointed it out.
"Hey it's okay, don't worry. It's nothing to be ashamed of. Just focus on breathing, shhh."
He whimpered a bit as he sat there. I put my arms around him and played with his hair.
Cadenza and Hayden came downstairs.
"Oh, there you guys are! Here."
They handed us flashlights, using their own to see us. Cadenza brought some extra candles in case the batteries in the flashlights ran out.
"We're gonna join you guys if that's alright. It's better to stick together during power outages without at least daylight. Wait, Laurance, you alright son?"
"He's scared of storms, remember dad?"
"Oh yeah, I forget."
Laurance seemed to calm down slightly with everyone there and now having some light.
The storm raged on, the shaking boy in my arms eventually calmed, and fell asleep on me. My mom texted me saying I shouldn't try to walk home in this weather and that I should probably camp at Laurance's house for the night, which was fine by me of course. Hayden didn't mind. Cadenza was grinning. She looked at me and gave a thumbs up. I looked down at Laurance's face. While we were stuck there, I couldn't help but notice the details of it. Flawless and sweet. Really, no idea how I got so lucky, but he was really mine. I held him a little tighter.
Cadenza held her phone out towards me. I gave her a questioning look, because I had no idea what she was doing, but grabbed the phone anyway. She had the notes app on her phone open and had written something in it.
"Hey. Thank you for making my brother happy. Something you should know is that, although he seems fine and has it together all the time, he wasn't always so happy. Nor is he always now. He's better, but it doesn't always last. As you know, he lost his parents when he was younger, and after that, he was shy, closed off, irritated at everyone and everything, and all he wanted was to have his parents back and be normal. He was homeschooled, eventually got better and became super nice. However, he was isolated, hardly talked, shy. It was sad. You were his first friend and the love he had for you as his friend was great. Now, I see the happiness he has when he sees you at all. Thank you."
I handed her phone back to her and smiled at her. She smiled back. I leaned my head back and also fell asleep, hugging Laurance tight.