Hurt

(Laurance's POV)
I had to stop him, ask him why, take care of him. It took me two seconds to know exactly why there was blood on his sleeve.
"Garroth?!"
"Hm?"
He turned towards me before heading to the bathroom to take care of his wound like he originally intended. With shaking hands I took quick action. I hugged him tightly.
"Is everything okay Laurance?"
As I was letting him go I gently rested my hands around his and held his arms out. Then I swiftly pulled up his sleeves. What I saw before me hit me like a ton of bricks. I teared up and, as much as I tried to stop it, I couldn't help crying. I hugged Garroth again, he pulled me closer and embraced me. He nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck.
I gathered myself and tried to keep calm.
"Why?...."
"I didn't know what to do.."

(Garroth's POV)
I continued to tell him about my dad's visit, the heartbreak from Michi's little scheme tearing us apart, everything. Now I was addicted to it. I may have Laurence back but my problems are far from over. And even if any external issues were to end, it's my mind I have to worry about. I don't like myself. I feel like I would completely break if something pushed me hard enough. And at this point, that may not be too difficult to do. I hated hurting Laurance. I love him.
So why can't I stop myself?
As usual, Laurance was ready to take care of me. He had me wash any fresh wounds with cold water. He grabbed some bandages and wrapped my arm up. He kissed the bandages, then all the scars from wounds that had already healed.
"Garroth, please don't do this to yourself. You're worth so much, and I cant stand to see you hurting, physically or emotionally. I love you so much... I know it won't happen overnight, but let's fix this... Together. You're so much better than this..."
He kept talking to me for a long time. His words made me feel better, his voice was gentle and I could never get tired of hearing it. But he's right, it would not get better over night.

(Third person POV)
Garroth stopped for a little bit. With Laurance's help he felt better. They got to spend Christmas together and everything. Amy had gone home and would come back occasionally since her mom worked a lot and she liked Laurance, Garroth, and Cadenza who, as Laurance predicted, smothered her. The break eventually ended and school came back into session. Near the beginning of January, however, Garroth took a dive into the deep end of his addiction.