Chapter 9

"Come on we don't have all day."

Right now I was sitting down in the school hallway in front if the library. Chase was standing, leaning against the library door, expecting me to break into the library to get a book for him.

"Look. If you want the book so bad, I'll get it for you at the public library. I am not going to get suspended for such a stupid reason." Chase was making no sense right now, not that he ever was, but this is just crazy. I mean I expected him to break into the library to wreck it or something, but to get a book? Mindblown.

"You aren't going to get suspended. The only person who's in the school is the janitor, and he doesn't care what anybody in this school does if he gets paid in the end. We just have to go in, look for the book, and get out. Plus, you can't say no, this is part of our deal." What I've noticed since hanging out with Chase, which has only been about three times, is that my mind is starting to become very violent. Because right now all I can think about is ways to smack that smug look off his face. 

I use my hands to push myself up into a standing position, and trudge towards Chase. Sighing in defeat while I'm at it, maybe if I look overly miserable he'll let me pass. Of course, He's too excited and determined to notice. 

When I'm only a couple of inches in front of him, he steps foward and raises his hand towards my cheek. I'm in shock right now, what's he doing?

I can feel his hot breath on my face, his lips are so close that if I moved my face at all I would feel them on mine. He stares deep into my eyes, as if searching for confirmation, and when I'm too paralyzed to say no, he nods and snatches the hairpin out of my hair. Then turns around, and starts working on unlocking the door using my hairpin. 

I'm too dumbfounded to move, what just happened?

I thought he was going to kiss me... pretty soon I was laughing uncontrollably at my stupidity. Why would he ever kiss me? Plus he just met me three days ago! I am so stupid oh gosh. 

Chase takes a moment to turn around and look at me, probably deciding if I have the mental health needed for the job, he shakes his head but I see a tiny smile forming on his lips. Pretty soon it turns back into a scowl though.

I feel heat in my cheeks and finally the embarrassment of thinking that we were going to makeout sinks in. Hopefully Chase can't read minds and has no idea what was going on in my head when he stole my hairpin, which by the way left my hair in a bigger mess than before. 

"Ok, so what I need you for is to help me look for the book. It takes me a long time to find, but maybe with both of us looking we'll find it faster." He already got the library door open. Wow I need him to teach me how to do that sometime. 

"Um.. why don't we just use the librarians computer to figure out if the book is checked out or not, and if it's not checked out it can tell us where it's located." 

Chase shakes his head, "Don't you think I've tried that before? This book has been checked out ever since Liz-for two years." He closes his eyes and frowns when realizing he stumbled over his words, when he recovers he adds, "So long that the librarian erased it from the system and just bought some new copies. They never found out who checked it out last, but I have a feeling whoever did is going to return it soon, they have to." 

This still makes no sense to me, why would he look for the book if somebody else has it or probably lost it? Saying that I was confused would be putting it lightly. I couldn't comprehend anything he was saying, why is he so determed to get this book?

I don't get a chance to ask anymore questions because when I look up Chase is already inside the dark library beckoning me to follow him and keep quiet. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOOP WOOOP!!!! I REACHED 1 THOUSAND READS!!!!!!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH:D I LOVE YOU!!!

Oooh I need to come up with an actor to be Chase and someone to be Jessi!! PLEASE COMMENT BELOW WHO YOU WAN'T  THEM TO BEEEE!! 

I hope you all are enjoying the book! I'm trying to update every Friday! But I'll probably update twice a week, I just don't know which days.. 

once again THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

READ, SHARE, VOTE, & FAN