Prologue

Mrs. Clark looked up as she heard the door click. A young boy, no older than fifteen, walked in. This must be her first client of the day. Excitement washed over her at the thought of potentially helping him deal with whatever problems he was having at the moment. He stood for a moment, dark circles under his eyes and his hair shaggy, staring at her as if expecting orders. "Please, come and sit," she said in a sweet voice.

He made his way to the chair, resting his face in his palms. "How are you feeling today, Nicolaus?" she asked, looking down at the journal in her hands to see her first patient's name. The boy didn't respond, didn't even look up. "Do you prefer I call you Nick?" she tentatively asked him.

He glanced up for only a second, then removed his hands from his face, He almost appeared half dead, dehydrated and sleep deprived. "Nick is just fine," he said slowly as if he had to think about every word before saying it.

"Alright, so how are you doing Nick?" she asked him again.

He shook his head, unable to even speak. Mrs. Clark shuffled in her seat, suddenly recognizing the young man. He had been all over the news for the past month. A pang of pity hit her at that moment, but of course she didn't let it show. 

Mrs. Clark decided to change the subject for his sake, "Lets talk about your day."

"She's dead." He whishpered, tears in the corners of his eyes, "What am I supposed to do? It isn't like it was supposed to happen. I made it happen, it was my fault," he was practically yelling, his face twisting with the pain of the fresh memories. 

Mrs. Clark didn't do anything. She didn't frown, didn't tell him to stop yelling. Just scooted forward, close enough that she could speak with a lower voice. "Take a few deep breaths Nick," she advised. The boy leaned back in his chair, sqeezing his eyes shut.

"Do you want to talk about it?" she asked him in a way that made it clear she wasn't forcing him to do anything he wasn't comfortable with.

He nodded, "You've seen it all on the news, I bet everyone has. I don't think I have to tell you everything that happened. I... I just want to move on. I need to forget about it."

"I have read about it, yes. What makes you want to forget it?"

"I can't face it. It's destroying me," something clicked inside his head. He wasn't sure what, but everything started to come out, and he couldn't seem to stop it, "I'm not eating, I've already lost so much weight. I'm not speaking to anyone. I'm barely sleeping, the sun's up by the time I close my eyes. I haven't gone to school. My family is planning on moving away, they want a fresh start."

Mrs. Clark nodded, noting a few things down on her journal. She wanted to comfort Nick, but she knew that there was a time limit to each visit; and this one was nearly over, "Is there any way in mind that we can resolve all this? We can prescribe some medication including depression and sleeping pills. Drink more water, it'll help a lot. Emotionally I think if this move is a for-sure then a fresh start might do you some good. It's a lot to handle, and it will take time to heal, but eventually it will." 

Nick stayed silent for a moment before nodding, "I'd like the prescription if my parents can sign off on it." 

I smiled at him, "Of course. On another matter, how has your day been so far?"

"Just like any other," his voice was less flat-toned than it was before. Mrs. Clark seemed confident she could help Nick, and wanted to in any way she could.

Before long the session was over and another one planned. Nick and Mrs. Clark exchanged goodbyes and he left the room in a light hurry. Even though Nick had seemed a bit better by the end of their session, Mrs. Clark could tell it was all an act. Any positive emotion was drained from him at the accident. By the time the session ended Mrs. Clark couldn't help but know that it was going to be a very, very long time before Nick healed, if he ever did.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right, so this is the prologue:) It's very important to the rest of the book so I wan't all of you to remember this. I hope ya'll can comment and give me your opinions on it:D

Oh and thank you to mah very good friend Foxhearted for doing this for meee!!! EVERYONE GO READ HER STORY FRESH LIFE!!!