Chapter 15

[A/N]: HELLO ONCE AGAIN AUDIENCE. So wattpad has a new word count thingy. That's handy. I think I like it. BUT LET'S DO THIS THING. - Elsie xx."

Louis woke up feeling slightly stiff, but he instantly realised that he was under blankets, he could wiggle his toes against sheets, and remembering where he was sent happiness coursing through him. He reached out slightly, feeling around hopefully for the human boy he fell asleep with, but then he heard a familiar cackle from above him. 

"Hey there your Highness," Niall crowed. "Are you going to get up?" 

Louis opened his eyes and glared, "No. Where's my human?" 

"Not sure," Niall tapped his chin thoughtfully. "But they're making breakfast and we can't eat until you get up and Harry's back from wherever he went. I'm trying to make breakfast happen as soon as possible now come on."

"Help me up?" Louis sighed, determined to go find the human boy. 

Niall grabbed Louis by the hands clumsily stumbling backwards in attempts to pull Louis to his feet. Louis unsteadily wobbled as he stumbled down the hallway after Niall, walking into the kitchen where Liam, Paul, and Zayn were talking as they made fried eggs. Paul's eyes fell onto Louis, and grinned, "Morning, Louis! I think Harry went for a walk or something... he's an odd boy, but feel free to go searching for him if you'd like." 

"I'd probably get lost," Louis sighed. 

"I'll join you," Liam chuckled, wiping his hands off on a dishtowel. "If you want to go find him, that is." 

"And I'll stay here and wait for you slow pokes," Niall clumsily sat in a chair at the kitchen table. 

Louis looked to Liam then, giving him a hesitant grin, "So you'll help me find Harry?" 

"Yeah, we want to eat breakfast sometime soon," Liam grinned. "But first we need to find you something other than pajamas... it might be a bit too humid for pajama pants. Plus those are looking a bit long on you."

"They're Harry's," the prince murmured. 

Liam led Louis back down the hall to the bedroom, digging him out some jean shorts and a grey tank top, "Here... these should be cool enough for a quick walk. We won't even bother to wear shoes."

He suddenly stepped forward with a frown, tugging his fingers through Louis' hair, and Louis stumbled backwards in surprise, "Oh!" 

"Relax," Liam caught his arm. "Your hair just kind of looked like some critter tried to make a home of it. You need a comb." 

"A what?" Louis asked skeptically. 

"Surely you all have combs..." Liam crossed his arms. "How else would you keep your hair in order?" 

"Our fingers..." Louis shrugged, bringing his hand up to tug a few tangles from his fringe. "Of course, hair doesn't usually tangle like this when we're in the water." 

"Well here," Liam murmured, walking to the dresser and grabbing a comb of Harry's off of it before he approached Louis again. "Don't freak out this time." 

Liam tugged the comb through Louis' hair despite Louis' flailing protests, "Ow, ow, ow-" 

"Are you sure you aren't a princess?" Liam huffed. 

Louis glared, stumbling backwards away from Liam, "I'll send storms to you, human." 

"No you won't," Liam sighed. "Because then you'd be sending storms to Harry." 

"Not if he's with me," Louis pouted, but he let Liam gently smooth down his hair before he led him by the elbow down the hall. 

"Don't break the merman's legs," Zayn called after Liam as he watched the taller boy lead Louis from the house.